Subject: General Notification -- June Interop Tests and Roundtable III -- Calconnect: The Calendaring and Scheduling Consortium

From: Dave Thewlis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 09:33:31 -0700

Date:

12/2/2004 07:52

From:

David C. Thewlis

To:

"calconnect-l reflector" <[email-masked]>,
"ietf-caldav reflector" <[email-masked]>,
"IETF CALSCH" <[email-masked]>,
"ietf-calsify reflector" <[email-masked]>,
"www-rdf-calendar reflector" <[email-masked]>

Copy:

"Robert Tolmach - WellGood Group" <[email-masked]>,
"Brian Dear" <[email-masked]>,
"John Carbone" <[email-masked]>,
[email-masked], [email-masked]

Subject:

Call for Participantion -- Second Calconnect Interop - 11-12
January 2005 - Seattle, Washington

Received:
from psmtp.com (exprod6mx6.postini.com [64.18.1.146]) by
home.humboldt1.com (8.12.10/8.12.10) with SMTP id iB2Fq3mR014814 for <[email-masked]>
Thu, 2 Dec 2004 07:52:03 -0800 (PST)

Received: from source ([208.31.106.91]) by exprod6mx6.postini.com
([64.18.5.10]) with SMTP; Thu, 02 Dec 2004 07:52:02 PST

Received: from aix2.egenconsulting.com (localhost [127.0.0.1]) by
aix2.egenconsulting.com (8.13.1/8.13.1) with ESMTP id iB2FlvWi018040
for <[email-masked]>
Thu, 2 Dec 2004
10:47:57 -0500

Received: (from majordom@localhost) by aix2.egenconsulting.com
(8.13.1/8.13.1/Submit) id iB2FlvFI018426 for calconnect-l-list; Thu, 2
Dec 2004 10:47:57 -0500

X-Authentication-Warning: aix2.egenconsulting.com: majordom set sender
to [email-masked]
using -f

Received: from fed1rmmtao04.cox.net (fed1rmmtao04.cox.net
[68.230.241.35]) by aix2.egenconsulting.com (8.13.1/8.13.1) with ESMTP
id iB2FlcTM019480; Thu, 2 Dec 2004 10:47:38 -0500

Received: from davet23 ([24.254.88.112]) by fed1rmmtao04.cox.net
(InterMail vM.6.01.04.00 201-2131-117-20041022) with ESMTP id
<20041202154833.YTO5357.fed1rmmtao04.cox.net@davet23> Thu, 2 Dec
2004 10:48:33 -0500

Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

References: <[email-masked]>

X-Mailer: Calypso Version 3.30.00.00 (4)

Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 07:48:00 -0800

Reply-To: [email-masked]

From: "David C. Thewlis" <[email-masked]>

To: "calconnect-l reflector" <[email-masked]>,
"ietf-caldav reflector" <[email-masked]>,
"IETF
CALSCH" <[email-masked]>,
"ietf-calsify reflector" <[email-masked]>,
"www-rdf-calendar reflector" <[email-masked]>

Cc: "Robert Tolmach - WellGood Group" <[email-masked]>,
"Brian Dear" <[email-masked]>,
"John Carbone" <[email-masked]>,
[email-masked], [email-masked]

Subject: Call for Participantion -- Second Calconnect Interop - 11-12
January 2005 - Seattle, Washington

Mime-Version: 1.0

Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="=====_11020024806334=_"

Sender: [email-masked]

Precedence: bulk

X-pstn-levels: (S:99.90000/99.90000 R:95.9108 P:95.9108 M:94.8624
C:98.9754 )

X-pstn-settings: 5 (2.0000:2.0000) s gt3 gt2 gt1 r p m c

X-pstn-addresses: from <[email-masked]>
forward
(user good) [2395/93]

Please note that this announcement is being posted on multiple
calendaring-related reflectors and to the Calconnect mailing lists to
ensure as wide a distribution as possible.  Our apologies if you
receive multiple copies.

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION -- THIRD INTEROP TESTING EVENT -
1-2 June 2005

CONSORTIUM ROUNDTABLE III MEMBER MEETINGS 1-3 June 2005

The third Interop of The Calendaring and Scheduling Consortium
(CALCONNECT.ORG) will take place Wednesday and Thursday, June 1-2,
2005.  It will be hosted by Duke University in Durham, North Carolina.

This event will feature multiple Interop testing scenarios.
Participating organizations are welcome to test against multiple
scenarios.  These scenarios will be going on
simultaneously so you will probably need a person for each scenario you
participate in.

A Consortium Roundtable will be colocated from
1-3 June 2005 featuring Technical Committee sessions and a full Plenary
of the Consortium.

Space will be limited to 40 paticipants in both the Roundtable and
Interop so early notification and registration is advised.

INTEROP SCENARIOS

The exact scenarios are still being worked on and can certainly change
to meet participants' needs.  Current plans include:

Extended CalDAV tests between CalDAV servers and any clients
supporting CalDAV

iMIP testing

iCalendar - General tests; clients importing/exporting each
other's data with formal scripts

Testing to support CalsifySIFY work

Handling of Timezones

Recurrence exceptions and Recurrence Rules

Other specific areas as identified prior to June

Min-IOP (Minimum Interoperable Subset) validation

Other interop scenarios can be added if there is a specific need,
for example iCalendar<-->RDF

WHO MAY PARTICIPATE IN THE INTEROPS

Any vendors or organizations wishing to test a calendaring and
scheduling implementation are welcome to attend whether or not they are
Consortium members.  Consortium members receive a
substantial discount on their Interop participation fee (see below).

CONSORTIUM ROUNDTABLE III

Technical committee meetings of the Calendaring and Scheduling
Consortium are planned for 1-2 June at the same location, followed by
an all-hands Consortium Roundtable on Friday 3 June.  Interop
participants who are not Consortium members may not particpate in the
other Consortium activities unless their organization indicates that it
wishes to do so as an observer for this Roundtable (a non-member can
participate in a single Roundtable as an observer to determine its
interest in joining the Consortium).  A non-member Interop Participant
can also join the Consortium at the event
and become a member immediately and be able to participate in the
technical committee and roundtable meetings.

Please note that it will probably be impossible for a single
individual to both participate in the Interop and still be able to
participate at all in the TC meetings of hte Roundtable simply due to
the simultaneous nature of the events.

REGISTRATION FEE

Interop: $1500 for Consortium
members and $2500 for non-members.  The registration fee covers two
individuals; additional individuals are $275 each for members or
non-members.  (If you are planning to participate in more than one
Interop scenario, or participate in all the TC meetings, you will need
more than one person and possibley more than two.)

The Interop
Registration Fee also covers participation in the Consortium Roundtable
for members or declared observers.

Roundtable:  $275 per individual until 15
May and $325 thereafter.  Registration for the Roundtable does not
include Interop participation.

HOW TO REGISTER AND FURTHER INFORMATION

Logistics, registration and other information may be found on the
Consortium Website:  see http://www.calconnect.org and go
to the Coming
Events area; see "Roundtable III" and "Jun 2005 Interop".

For questions or more information, or to inform us of your plan to
participate in the Interop, please contact me at the Consortium.  Plan
to register as soon as possible to ensure we will have room.

Best Regards,

Dave Thewlis

Executive Director

The Calendaring and Scheduling Consortium

1550 Dena Drive

McKinleyville CA 95519-4146

+1 707 840 9391 (voice)

+1 415 946 3454 (fax)

+1 707 498 2238 (mobile)

[email-masked]

www.calconnect.org

.