Subject: Further about the Calconnect Recurrence Questionnaire - status, thanks, and future developments

From: Dave Thewlis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 10:31:23 -0700

This message is going to all of the lists where I posted our
original request for responses to the Consortium Recurrence
Questionnaire, so many of you will see it more than once.  My apologies
for the duplications.

Recently I posted a request on several of the calendaring discussion
lists for organizations with calendaring products/implementations to
please respond to our Recurrence Questionnaire.  We've had sixteen
formal responses so far, and are delighted at both the number of
responses and the thought and care put into them.

Our RECURR technical committee is beginning an analysis of the
responses, and may be contacting responders if we have additional
questions.  We hope to have our analysis done and a report issued in
the next few weeks.  The report will be posted on the Calconnect web
site and will be announced publicly to these discussion lists.  As
noted in

my original posting, the report will maintain the confidentiality of
the individual responses and will report results in an aggregate and
narrative fashion.

We also wanted to let everyone know that there will be some more
questionnaires in the future.  Several responders suggested a slightly
different questionnaire tackling recurrence issues at a higher and more
qualitative level, and we have begun work on that questionnare.  We
hope to announce it within the next two-three weeks.

Additionally, other Calconnect technical committes are considering
questionnaires in other areas of the RFCs of particular interest to the
Calsify effort as it develops, so there is a good chance we'll be
announcing these as they become ready for public consumption.  We hope
that you will be as supportive of these future questionnaires and help
us with them as well.

Several responders have remarked that they found the exercise of
filling out the questionnaire to be of help in understanding better
their own  implementations, and we hope our future questionnaires,
focusing on other parts of the RFCs, will be as useful to you as we
hope they will be to us.

Best regards,

Dave Thewlis, Executive Director

Calconnect - The Calendaring and Scheduling Consortium