Subject: Status of Calconnect Recurrence Questionnaire results, and future questionnaires

From: Dave Thewlis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 11:05:06 -0700

This message is going to all of the lists where I posted our
original request for responses to the Consortium Recurrence
Questionnaire, so many of you will see it more than once.  My apologies
for the duplications.

At the beginning of April, Calconnect - The Calendaring and Scheduling
Consortium - distributed a questionnaire on Recurrence implementations,
and more recently I posted an update saying that we hoped to publish
our results soon.

We've delayed publishing because we are still waiting for a couple of
promised responses which will add considerably to the value of our
results, but we have decided we have to cutoff by next Friday the
27th.  So I expect to have the results ready in early June, following
the Calconnect Roundtable meeting at Duke University at the beginning
of June.  I will distribute yet another note when the results are
available telling everyone where to find them.

Meantime, we have our second questionnaire ready to go and I'll be
posting it later today.  This one is on Timezones, and we certainly
hope everyone will be as helpful in responding to this questionnaire as
they were for our Recurrence questionnaire.

We're trying something different this time: the questionnaire is being
distributed in e-mail format so it can be answered offline and
responded to via e-mail as well.  We hope that, in your comments, you
will tell us how useful the e-mail format is as opposed to the
web-based form we used for the first questionnaire.

Once again, we would like to thank everyone on these discussion lists,
and especially everyone who responded to our Recurrence questionnaire.

Best regards,

Dave Thewlis

--

Dave Thewlis, Executive Director

Calconnect - The Calendaring and Scheduling Consortium

+1 707 840 9391 (voice) · +1 707 498 2238 (mobile)

http://www.calconnect.org · [email-masked]