Subject: [Ietf-calsify] IANA registrations for "sub-components"

From: cyrus at daboo.name (Cyrus Daboo)
Date: Fri Sep 21 19:55:56 2007

Hi,
In the process of updating the VAVAILABILITY spec to follow the new 2445bis 
IANA registration process, I noticed the following issue: the STANDARD and 
DAYLIGHT components (which only occur inside a VTIMEZONE) are not 
"formally" registered using the component registration template in 8.2.2, 
yet they are referenced as components in 8.3.1.

I think we need to accept that sub-components like these can effectively be 
"registered" as part of the owning component assuming that they only appear 
in one "owner".

Same issue arose with the AVAILABLE component that is a sub-component of 
VAVAILABILITY.

-- 
Cyrus Daboo

---

From: bernard.desruisseaux at oracle.com (Bernard Desruisseaux)
Date: Mon Sep 24 06:42:18 2007

I suggest that we move the definition of STANDARD and DAYLIGHT
in sub-sections of section 3.6.5 Time Zone Component, that is,

   3.6.5.1 Standard Time Component
   3.6.5.2 Daylight Saving Time Component

Cheers,
Bernard

Cyrus Daboo wrote:
> Hi,
> In the process of updating the VAVAILABILITY spec to follow the new 
> 2445bis IANA registration process, I noticed the following issue: the 
> STANDARD and DAYLIGHT components (which only occur inside a VTIMEZONE) 
> are not "formally" registered using the component registration template 
> in 8.2.2, yet they are referenced as components in 8.3.1.
> 
> I think we need to accept that sub-components like these can effectively 
> be "registered" as part of the owning component assuming that they only 
> appear in one "owner".
>

---

From: cyrus at daboo.name (Cyrus Daboo)
Date: Mon Sep 24 07:09:32 2007

Hi Bernard,

>    3.6.5.2 Daylight Saving Time Component

I think that would be fine.

-- 
Cyrus Daboo