Subject: [Ietf-calsify] preliminary minutes

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 15:04:21 +0100

Thanks to Kurt for taking notes.  Please send comments to the list.

The Calsify WG met at the IETF meeting in Vancouver on December 3rd,
2007.  We started off with a status on rfc2445bis, which was that it
was in Shepherd review (that review is now completed).  The chairs
have recommitted to working with the authors to get these documents
done.  That will require interim phone calls.  We announced voice
meetings that will take place on Wednesdays, 9:30am, US/Eastern
starting next week.  If you wish to participate, please RSVP to Eliot.

Below are preliminary and rough minutes courtesy of Kurt.  Please
comment now about the discussion.  Note that Cyrus' slides are
available online at the IETF web site.

iTIP - Cyrus
  Provided summary of issues (no significant concerns to presentation
  unless noted).
  Issue #85
  This issue boils down to whether we can manage with unbounded
  ranges, and the answer today seemed to be that we cannot manage with
  unbounded ranges.  The working group discussed reintroducing
  "THISANDFUTURE".  Cyrus and Bernard are to propose text.

   Issue #86

    There was a lengthy discussion as to whether incrementing or not
    incrementing the SEQUENCE number meant anything from a UI
    perspective.  Cyrus pointed out that the client really needs to
    compare all details and make an appropriate determination.  The
    chairs note that there is not consensus at this point to remove
    SEQUENCE, however.  Pete Resnick pointed out that we need to
    separate "nagging the user" from notice to the organizer.
    Bernard pointed out that we need SEQUENCE to keep track of
    out-of-order messages.  Cyrus to offer proposal.

   Issue #87
    Eliot queried how many clients support counter/decline-counter,
    and there seem to be at least some.  There was no consensus to
    remove, and so the issue is rejected.

   Issue #90
        Eliot: defer until resolution of Issue#85
        More range= discussion.
    Eliot: no firm proposal, assume range is back, cyrus should
        propose text else close.

   Issue #95
    Issue seems to revolve around precedence (presently not specified)
    of error codes. Resolution: Cyrus will propose solution

   Issue #67
        Resolution: remove statement (no objections in room)

  Cyrus summarized removed xrole and removed references to procedural
  alarms in iTIP I-D, no concerns from room.

Bernard at mic regarding Issue 63
    Bernard: made proposal on list
    Eliot: there was an objection made on the list, no consensus at present.
    Cyrus: simple solution would be status quo.
    Bernard: will think about this hard before bringing it to the list.
    Eliot: status quo

Done @ 4:43
_______________________________________________
Ietf-calsify mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.osafoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-calsify

---

From: Tomas Hnetila <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 18:09:41 +0100

Hi Eliot,

We currently doesn't officially support counter/decline-counter  
methods exactly as it defined in RFC in Kerio MailServer, but our  
intention improve it to be in conformance with the RFC.
"Propose new time" function is supported by Microsoft Outlook and  
Windows Mobile (ActiveSync) devices.

This function is very useful for busy people who uses calendaring  
product often. I recommend to keep counter methode in RFC.

Tom