Subject: RE: [Ietf-calsify] Imprecise and alternative events foriCalendarandiTIP

From: "Tim Hare" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 11:23:40 -0500

I was trying to come up with solutions that don't require adding new
component types, since getting to simplification and standardization of the
current components has been such a long and winding road. 
 
I take your point about transparency not reflecting the fact that you're
"busy".  It's a general problem in calendaring tools - there's not an easy
way to say things like:
 
"I'm POTENTIALLY busy during that time, please don't schedule then" or
"I've got something planned during that time, but of course my boss can
override that".
 
I guess the best thing for the individual, currently, for your use case,
would be to mark the time as busy from 5pm to 11:59pm which at least has the
positive effect of preventing over-scheduling; and then using your CUA to
reduce the endpoints of the appointment as it becomes clearer exactly when
it will happen.
 
Tim Hare
Interested Bystander, Non-Inc.

_______________________________________________
Ietf-calsify mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.osafoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-calsify