Subject: [Ietf-calsify] Proposed new text for 3.4.6

From: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 07:02:23 -0700

I was looking at the first few paragraphs of 3.4.6 and I couldn't  
quite figure out how the sending of a REFRESH, by the Organizer or an  
Attendee, combined with specifying a RECURRENCE-ID or not, and what  
the appropriate replies were for all cases.  Here's proposed new text.

------------

The "REFRESH" method in a "VTODO" calendar component is used either by  
"Attendees" or by the "Organizer" of an existing "VTODO" calendar  
component.  When an "Attendee" sends a "REFRESH" method, it's to  
request an updated description of the "VTODO" from the "Organizer".   
When an "Organizer" sends a "REFRESH" method, it's to request updated  
status from one or more "Attendees".

The "REFRESH" method MUST specify the "UID" property corresponding to  
the "VTODO" calendar component needing update.  It MAY specify the  
"RECURRENCE-ID" property also, to identify a specific instance.

Appropriate success responses to a "REFRESH" method:
  - If an attendee sends the "REFRESH" method with a UID but not a  
RECURRENCE-ID, the "Organizer" responds with a "REQUEST" method and  
the entire "VTODO" to bring the attendee up to date.
  - If an attendee sends the "REFRESH" method and it identifies a  
RECURRENCE-ID, the "Organizer" responds with a "REQUEST" method and  
the "VTODO"  instance.
  - If an "Organizer" sends the "REFRESH" method with a UID but not a  
RECURRENCE-ID, each recipient attempts to identify themselves in the  
"Attendee" list (possibly in several "Attendee" lists if there are  
exception instances), and checks their "PARTSTAT" to see if any update  
on their participation status is required.  If it is, they respond  
with a REPLY that includes each new status.
  - If an "Organizer" sends the "REFRESH" method and it identifies a  
RECURRENCE-ID, then the recipient attempts to identify itself in the  
"Attendee" list for that instance, and if their PARTSTAT needs  
refreshing, responds with a REPLY including only the instance in  
question.

_______________________________________________
Ietf-calsify mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.osafoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-calsify