Subject: [calsify] A few questions

From: "Tim Hare" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 00:01:23 -0400

1.       Does CalConnect have any guidance on a "discovery mechanism" for
discovering an iCalendar "feed" for a website?  Something like <link
rel="calendar" href= >  or something like an icon and link as is used for
RSS?

2.       Are there guidelines/recommendations for organizations publishing
calendar information?

Thanks
Tim Hare
Interested Bystander, Non-Inc.

---

From: Michael Douglass <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 00:17:33 -0400

On 3/28/19 00:01, Tim Hare wrote:
>
> 1.Does CalConnect have any guidance on a “discovery mechanism” for 
> discovering an iCalendar “feed” for a website?  Something like <link 
> rel=”calendar” href= >  or something like an icon and link as is used 
> for RSS?
>

We are actually working on exactly that. We have the outlines of a query 
that will return interesting public calendars.

Something like - send a query with the terms "baseball movies" and you 
get a response back showing a sorted result of matching calendars 
(possibly 0 in that case)

> 2.Are there guidelines/recommendations for organizations publishing 
> calendar information?
>
Looks like we don't - but this

https://devguide.calconnect.org/Table-of-Contents/

would be the place to put it.

> _______________________________________________
> calsify mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/calsify