Subject: [calsify] Document Action: 'CalDAV Managed Attachments' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-calext-caldav-attachments-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 05:05:58 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'CalDAV Managed Attachments'
  (draft-ietf-calext-caldav-attachments-04.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Calendaring Extensions Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adam Roach, Alexey Melnikov and Barry Leiba.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-calext-caldav-attachments/

Technical Summary

  This specification defines an extension to the calendar access
  protocol (CalDAV) to allow attachments associated with iCalendar data
  to be stored and managed on the server. The attachments are not stored
  inline in the RFC5545 ATTACH property, but instead a link is created
  in a managed fashion.

Working Group Summary

  Version -00 was created in October 2016. As far as I can see there
  have been no major discussions on the calsify mailing list until draft
  -01 was uploaded. At this point, multiple vendors have voiced their
  support and indicated that they have implemented this draft on their
  servers.

  The document originates from draft-daboo-caldav-attachments, which was
  originally created in 2011. Since then the document has been discussed
  and developed within the CalConnect organization among relevant
  vendors in the sector.

  Some concerns were raised by ARTART reviewer about use of HTTP.
  As this specification has multiple interoperable implementations,
  the decision was made to downgrade it to Informational specification.

Document Quality
  
  Multiple vendors have indicated that they have already implemented
  this draft and successfully tested it with clients. The operations of
  this draft are part of the CalDAVTester suite, which is being run by
  multiple vendors during CalConnect interoperability testing sessions.

Personnel

  The Document Shepard is Philipp Kewisch,
  the Responsible Area Director is Alexey Melnikov.