Subject: [calsify] Scheduling VJOURNAL

From: Дилян Палаузов <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2019 10:50:47 +0000

Hello,

iCalendar says VTODO, VEVENT and VJOURNAL can contailn ORGANIZER and ATTENDEEs.

iTIP forsees for VTODO and VEVENT the methods PUBLISH, REQUEST, REPLY, ADD, CANCEL, REFRESH, COUNTER, DECLINECOUNTER.

For VJOURNAL the methods are PUBLISH, ADD and CANCEL and for all methods it says “It MUST NOT have "Attendees".”  For
ADD it says “it updates some instances not sending all the data … as it would have to do if the "REQUEST" method
were used.”.  But there is no REQUEST for VJOURNAL.

iMIP says nothing about VJOURNAL.

Scheduling Extensions for CalDAV mentions VTODO only on two places: in “Appendix A.  Scheduling Privileges
Summary/A.1.  Scheduling Inbox Privileges” and in „A.2.  Scheduling Outbox Privileges” both in the context of the
methods REQUEST, REPLY, ADD and CANCEL.

* Is METHOD: PUBLISH (without attendees, for any component time) the same as METHOD: REQUEST where the ATTENDEEs have
RSVP=FALSE and the other property parameters like PART-STATUS are ignored?

* What is the function of PART-STAT for ATTENDEE in VJOURNAL?

For users on other domains, uploading a VEVENT/VTODO with ATTENDEEs over HTTP sends emails to the attendees.  Shall the
server send also emails to the attendees of VJOURNAL and with which method?

Provided that the PUBLISH method is used for that operation, how shall a VEVENT/VTODO be WebDAV-uploaded, so that the
server uses also the PUBLISH method for iMIP?

Regards
  Дилян