Subject: [calsify] jscalendar - offsetTrigger - offset

From: Michael Douglass <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2020 14:16:58 -0400

The text for offset seems off...

Defines the offset at which to trigger the alert relative to the time 
property defined in the relativeTo property of the alert. Negative 
durations signify alerts before the time property, positive durations 
signify alerts after.

That's ok - Then it says:

If the calendar object does not define a time zone, the user's default 
time zone SHOULD be used when determining the offset, if known. 
Otherwise, the time zone to use is implementation specific.

Not sure what that means - is it supposed to be "when determining the 
trigger time"?

In any case isn't the first part sufficient? Presumably the client has 
to deal with where the start/end lie already so it's just a matter of 
applying the offset. I think I'm saying the language about timezones 
belongs with start and end.

---

From: "Neil Jenkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2020 09:39:53 +1000

> Not sure what that means - is it supposed to be "when determining the 

Yes**.

> belongs with start and end.

Looking at this closely, I think I agree. I'll just cut those lines.

Neil.