Subject: [calsify] I-D Action: draft-ietf-calext-eventpub-extensions-19.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 10:22:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Calendaring Extensions WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Event Publishing Extensions to iCalendar
        Author          : Michael Douglass
	Filename        : draft-ietf-calext-eventpub-extensions-19.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2021-03-26

Abstract:
   This specification updates RFC5545 by introducing a number of new
   iCalendar properties and components which are of particular use for
   event publishers and in social networking.

   This specification also defines a new STRUCTURED-DATA property for
   iCalendar RFC5545 to allow for data that is directly pertinent to an
   event or task to be included with the calendar data.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-calext-eventpub-extensions/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-calext-eventpub-extensions-19
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-calext-eventpub-extensions-19

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-calext-eventpub-extensions-19

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Michael Douglass <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 13:27:58 -0400

This version reverts the abnf to the5545 format. General opinion seemed 
to be leaning in that direction.

We didn't fully vet this format as it was replaced with the new improved 
form. I asked Ken to take a look before posting and he pointed out that 
the abnf for adding a styleddescription doesn't work:

> eventprop =/ *styledescription
>
> we're saying 1 or more styledescription OR 1 or mor of the things in ()
>
> I don't know how to get around this.  5545 really should've defined 
> eventc as:
>
> eventc = *eventprop *alarmc ...
>
> Maybe rather than using the =/ syntax, we just that we are defining 
> new properties that can be used within eventprop.
>
I guess we could redefine eventc to make it extensible.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[calsify] I-D Action: 
draft-ietf-calext-eventpub-extensions-19.txt
Date: 	Fri, 26 Mar 2021 10:22:40 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
Reply-To: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked]
CC: 	[email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Calendaring Extensions WG of the IETF.

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
calsify mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/calsify