Subject: [calsify] RFC 9073 on Event Publishing Extensions to iCalendar

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2021 15:43:32 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9073

        Title:      Event Publishing Extensions to iCalendar 
        Author:     M. Douglass
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      29
        Updates:    RFC 5545

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-calext-eventpub-extensions-19.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9073

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9073

This specification updates RFC 5545 by introducing a number of new
iCalendar properties and components that are of particular use for
event publishers and in social networking. 

This specification also defines a new "STRUCTURED-DATA" property for
iCalendar (RFC 5545) to allow for data that is directly pertinent to
an event or task to be included with the calendar data.

This document is a product of the Calendaring Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC