Subject: [Capwap] Additions #2 - Extensibility Objective

From: "Saravanan Govindan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 18:06:34 +0800

Additions #2 - Extensibility Objective

Context: 

Extensibility Objective:
Motivation and Protocol Benefits (Section 5.4.2)
Relation to Problem Statement (Section 5.4.3)
Customer Requirements (Section 5.4.4, Paragraph 1, second sentence)

Issue: 

These sub-sections were left blank in v00. 

Proposed change: 

Add text for the three sub-sections. The following are proposed;

Section 5.4.2 - Motivation and Protocol Benefits

"The main benefit of extensibility is that the CAPWAP protocol will be
adaptable to the various developments in IEEE 802.11 It also allows the
protocol to be extended to support other wireless technologies."

Section 5.4.3 - Relation to Problem Statement

"The Problem Statement suggests that WLAN control mechanisms be adaptable to
future technology developments. In particular, the CAPWAP protocol must be
capable of handling new definitions and extensions of IEEE 802.11
technology."

Section 5.4.4 - Customer Requirements

Current text:

"They require WLAN infrastructure to be able to meet current and future
market requirements."

Proposed text:

"They require WLAN infrastructure to be able to meet current and future
market requirements, including support for new wireless technologies and
user aplications."

_______________________________________________
Capwap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap