Subject: [Capwap] Additions #1 - Interconnection Objective

From: "Saravanan Govindan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 18:02:15 +0800

Additions #1 - Interconnection Objective

Context: 

Interconnection Objective - Motivation and Protocol Benefits (Section 5.2.2)

Interconnection Objective - Relation to Problem Statement (Section 5.2.3)
Interconnection Objective - Customer Requirements (Section 5.2.4)

Issue: 

These sub-sections were left blank in v00. 

Proposed change: 

Add text for the three sub-sections. The following are proposed;

Section 5.2.2 - Motivation and Protocol Benefits

"The main aim of the CAPWAP protocol is to achieve interoperability among
various WTPs and WLAN controllers. As such, the motivation for this
objective is for the protocol to be operable independent of underlying
interconnection technologies."

Section 5.2.3 - Relation to Problem Statement

"The Problem Statement discusses the complexity of configuring larg WLANs.
The selection of available interconnection technologies for large scale
deployments further intensifies this complexity.  This objective avoids part
of the complexity by advocating operational independence of the protocol
from underlying transport. It plays an important role in addressing
[I-D.ietf-capwap-problem-statement]."

Section 5.2.4 - Customer Requirements

"This architecture objective is derived from wireless service providers who
insist on flexibility in the selection of interconnection technologies for
WLANs. Some service providers have existing networks with IP, ATM and other
transports. The interconnection objective is beneficial in allowing WTPs to
be interfaced to the broader network infrastructure by the different
interconnection technologies."

_______________________________________________
Capwap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap