Subject: [Capwap] Objectives Issue #1 - Difference between 'coexistence' and 'interoperability'

From: "Saravanan Govindan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 17:36:34 +0800

Objective Issue #1 - Difference between 'coexistence' and 'interoperability'

Context: 

Interoperability Objective - Objective Details (Section 5.1.1, Paragraph 1)

"This objective for the CAPWAP protocol is to ensure that WTPs of both local
MAC and split MAC architecture designs are capable of interoperation within
a single WLAN."

Issue: 

Sridhar refers to the paragraph above and comments; "Should it be
coexistence instead of interoperability?"

Proposed change: 

Include a new paragraph describing relationship of 'coexistence' and
'interoperability' in CAPWAP context. The following is proposed;
 
"Coexistence of different types of WTPs also relates to interoperability. So
in addition to enabling WLAN controllers to manage both local MAC and split
MAC WTPs, this objective emphasizes that interoperability also be
simultaneous. In this manner, a WLAN system can be operated with a mix of
WTPs."

_______________________________________________
Capwap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap