Subject: [Capwap] Additions #3 - Support for Traffic Separation

From: "Saravanan Govindan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 18:21:11 +0800

Additions #3 - Support for Traffic Separation

Context: 

Support for Traffic Separation
- Objective Details (Section 6.3.1)
- Relation to Problem Statement (Section 6.3.3)
- Customer Requirements (Section 6.3.4)

Issue: 

These sub-sections were left blank in v00. 

Proposed change: 

Add text for the three sub-sections. The following are proposed;

Section 6.3.1 - Objective Details

Current text:

"It is the aim of CAPWAP to simplify the control and management of large
scale WLANs.  One way of achieving this is to separate control and data
aspects within the protocol. This will allow solutions for control and data
exchanges to be independently optimized."

Proposed text: Add new sentence at end of paragraph

"It is the aim of CAPWAP to simplify the control and management of large
scale WLANs.  One way of achieving this is to separate control and data
aspects within the protocol. This will allow solutions for control and data
exchanges to be independently optimized. Such flexibility is important for
realizing extensible, long-term control mechanisms for wireless networks."

----XXXX----

Section 6.3.3 - Relation to Problem Statement

Current text:

"Broadly, this objective relates to the challenge of managing complexity in
large scale WLANs."

Proposed text: Add new sentence at end of paragraph

"Broadly, this objective relates to the challenge of managing complexity in
large scale WLANs. Traffic separation helps to simplify the CAPWAP solution
space and consequently reduces complexity of managing large WLANs."

----XXXX----

Section 6.3.4 - Customer Requirements

Current text:

"This objective offers simplicity and flexibility in operation. These are
important issues for service providers and other enterprises deploying large
scale WLANs."

Proposed text: Replace current text with following

"It is crucial that there be adequate flexibility within WLAN deployments to
allow the use of alternative technologies for transporting data and control
information. Such flexibility is very important for service providers who
must continually adapt their service offerings to remain profitable.
Furthermore, as enterprises use their wireless infrastructure to improve
productivity, the system must be able to deliver the appropriate benefits."

----XXXX----

_______________________________________________
Capwap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap