Subject: [Capwap] I-D ACTION:draft-ohara-capwap-lwapp-02.txt (fwd)

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 23:34:04 +0300 (EEST)

Could one call a spec with 114 pages 'Light Weight' by any definition? 
:(

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:38:21 -0400
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ohara-capwap-lwapp-02.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

 	Title		: Light Weight Access Point Protocol (LWAPP)
 	Author(s)	: P. Calhoun, et al.
 	Filename	: draft-ohara-capwap-lwapp-02.txt
 	Pages		: 114
 	Date		: 2005-4-19

In the recent years, there has been a shift in wireless LAN product
    architectures from autonomous access points to centralized control of
    light weight access points.  The general goal has been to move most
    of the traditional wireless functionality such as access control
    (user authentication and authorization), mobility and radio
    management out of the access point into a centralized controller.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ohara-capwap-lwapp-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
 	"get draft-ohara-capwap-lwapp-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
 	[email-masked].
In the body type:
 	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ohara-capwap-lwapp-02.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
 	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
 	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
 	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
 	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
 	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
 	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
 	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
 	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Capwap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

---

From: "Nelson, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 10:10:21 -0400

> Could one call a spec with 114 pages 'Light Weight' by any definition?

I've always assumed that the adjective "light weight" modifies the noun
"access point" and not necessisarily the noun "protocol".