Subject: [Capwap] some suggestion for 802.11 binding TLV

From: young <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 10:37:32 +0530

Dear all:

I have some suggestion about CAPWAP draft, please kindly discuss it.

1) For IEEE 802.11 Statistics

I suggest we should add new TLV for "reset IEEE 802.11 Statistics"

2) Because CAPWAP provide the definition of 802.11 binding, the common
configuration for AP came from different vendors should defined by draft. I
felt something like "Preamble-length" configuration need to be added into
draft.

3) Now, in the draft, IEEE 802.11 Broadcast Probe Mode is configured for AP,
while Supress SSID (section 11.8.1) is for specific radio.

I suggest both Broadcast Probe Mode and Supress SSID could be configured for
a specific radio.

Regards

Richard

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: "Dorothy Stanley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 09:03:27 -0700

Richard,

Status and comments inline below.

Thanks,

Dorothy

> I suggest we should add new TLV for "reset IEEE 802.11 Statistics"

Issue 105 has been opened for item (1).

Can you provide suggested text for a description of the proposed TLV?  This
will enable a more informed discussion, and
give insight into the problem that is being solved.
Is this a boolean, which when set causes the WTP to reset all of its
statistics collection counters?
Is it included in the statistics message element? A new message element?  In
which message elements and messages would it be included?

> felt something like "Preamble-length" configuration need to be added into

Issue 106 has been opened for item (2)

Where would you add "pre-amble length"? In the WTP Radio information?
Is this info provided by the WTP to the AC on what is supported?

> I suggest both Broadcast Probe Mode and Supress SSID could be configured
> for a specific radio.
>

Issue 107 has been opened for item (3).

Regards