Subject: [Capwap] Issue 41: Default mode for logical groups

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 13:45:30 -0700

The original request is to add a field to the Add WLAN and descriptive
text to section 11.4 (BSSID to WLAN ID mapping). However, the current
specification already allows for this feature, and it can be found in
section 9.1.1 (Add Mobile). The reason why it was put in here is that it
allows the AC to assign a separate VLAN for each user. Please note that
this is ONLY relevant for Local MAC mode, since in this mode the WTP
tags all packets and does local bridging. In Split MAC mode, the AC is
the one that would prepend the VLAN tag, and therefore the WTP does not
need to have access to this info. Consequently, this field was made
optional.
 
I would propose we mark this issue as resolved.

Pat Calhoun
CTO, Wireless Networking Business Unit
Cisco Systems

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap