Subject: [Capwap] New issue - Correct Clause 11 Message Naming, Clean-up terminology

From: "Dorothy Stanley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 09:47:56 -0700

All,

Some suggested, largely editorial changes, throughout Clause 11:

1. Figures 5,7,8 show examples of message Flow and Roaming, and  show
"Add Mobile" as the message exchanged between the AC and WTP. But "Add
Mobile" is the message element, not the message -
the Mobile Config Request, changing to "Mobile Station Config Request" is
the message name.

Recommended change: Change  "Add Mobile" to "Mobile Station Config
Request[Add Mobile...]"

2. 11.1.2 Local MAC - Last paragraph describes optionally tunnelling data
frames to the AC, which
is not consistent with Local MAC.

Recommended change: Delete the last paragraph

3. 11.3.1 Wording change:
From:
The CAPWAP protocol defines the data frame, which allows a wireless payload
to be encapsulated.
to:
The CAPWAP protocol defines CAPWAP data packets, which are used to
encapsulate an IEEE 802.11 payload.

4. 11.1.1 and 11.1.2 - Clarity
In the function lists, change from
Probe Response
to
Generate Probe Response

5. 11.1.1 Split MAC, first paragraph below the figure

The Distribution and Integration services reside on the AC, and therefore
all user data is tunneled between the WTP and the AC.
As noted above, all real-time 802.11 services, including the control
protocol and the beacon and probe response frames, are handled on the WTP.

"control protocol" usually refers to the CAPWAP control protocol.

Change to

The Distribution and Integration services reside on the AC, and all user
data is tunneled between the WTP and the AC. All real-time IEEE 802.11services,
including the IEEE 802.11 control frames, such as the Beacon and Probe
Response frames, are handled on the WTP.

6. 11.3 - Correct use of terms

11.3 Transport specific bindings

"All CAPWAP transports have the following IEEE 802.11 specific bindings:"

Section 3, "CAPWAP Transport" talks about UDP with IPv4 or IPv6, rather than
the payload encapsulation and status and WLANs field

Suggest

11.3 IEEE 802.11 bindings for the CAPWAP Protocol

This section defines the IEEE 802.11 specific bindings used with the CAPWAP
protocol.

7. I1.2, First sentence in the second paragraph, change "access point" to
"WTP".

Comments please.

Thanks,

Dorothy
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap