Subject: [Capwap] New Issue - 11.8.1.1 Change to re-use 802.11 Information element definitions

From: "Dorothy Stanley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 12:51:19 -0700

All,

Section 11.8.1.1 defines the IEEE 802.11 Add WLAN message element, and
includes
the encryption policy, key, WPAIE and RSNIE. Rather than defining new
values, we
should re-use the existing IEEE 802.11 definitions, making the message
element more easily
extensible.

Recommended change:

Change the message element to include a list of IEEE 802.11 information
elements, using the element ID, Length and values as defined
in section 7.3.2 of the IEEE 802.11 spec, 802.11ma-REV.

This should eliminate new definitions for WLAN capability, encryption
policy, WPA data length, WPA IE, RSN Data Length,
RSN IE, WME (now re-named WMM) data length, WME IE, dot11E Data Length,
Dot11E IE, QOS, Auth type.

Include the Key Data Field from IEEE 802.11 Clause 8.5.2 to transport the
key.

Comments please.

Thanks,

Dorothy
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap