Subject: [Capwap] Issue 167: Primary Discovery are not required

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 16:13:50 -0700

I disagree. The Primary Discovery is sent when the WTP is already in the
connected state, but to check the presence of the primary. This
typically occurs when the primary failed, causing a failover. This is
different from the Discovery because the WTP is already in the Run
state. The current state machine only allows the Discovery Request to be
sent when booting. 

Pat Calhoun
CTO, Wireless Networking Business Unit
Cisco Systems
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 15:57:21 -0700

No comments received by 8/31, so there is clearly not enough support to
make any changes.

Marking as reject.

Pat Calhoun

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Pat Calhoun (pacalhou) 
> Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2006 4:14 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Capwap] Issue 167: Primary Discovery are not required
> 
> I disagree. The Primary Discovery is sent when the WTP is 
> already in the connected state, but to check the presence of 
> the primary. This typically occurs when the primary failed, 
> causing a failover. This is different from the Discovery 
> because the WTP is already in the Run state. The current 
> state machine only allows the Discovery Request to be sent 
> when booting. 
>  
> 
> Pat Calhoun