Subject: [Capwap] Issue 197: Issues with WLAN config request

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 06:58:29 -0700

62) IEEE 802.11 WLAN Config Request. why is a new message type that is
802.11 specific needed to modify 802.11 WLANs? It seems like the
existing "(8.4)Configuration Update Request" message could be used.

<PRC> The reason for the WLAN Config Request was in order to be more
specific on the type of request. Would folks prefer to see this message
removed, in lieu of the Configuration Update Request, and is this a
change that MUST be made vs. COULD be made? Does it increase the quality
of the protocol?

63) note here there are information elements to create, delete, and
modify WLANs. However, for message type "(10.1)Mobile Config Request",
there is only add and delete (and the "add" used to modify).

<PRC> Correct. The protocol requires the AC to resend a new add with a
different policy. No specific reason, but before we change it, I'd like
to ask the same question as above. Is this a necessary change to
increase the quality of the protocol?

Pat Calhoun
CTO, Wireless Networking Business Unit
Cisco Systems
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap