Subject: [Capwap] Issue 165: The Discovery Response is broken

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 09:46:08 -0700

The Discovery Response is broken. The AC SHOULD NOT be providing any
info to a WTP (or something that claims to be a WTP). Also, the AC
should tell the WTP what to do next, with choices: 1) Ok to try to join,
2) don't try to join, 3) try discover on a list of returned ACs)

<PRC> I don't believe there is an issue with sending the AC's
information to the WTP, but would solicit input from the list. That
said, some of the information in the AC Descriptor is required, such as
the current load on the AC. No point is trying to join if he AC
indicates it's already at max capacity. I believe if the AC does
not return the response, then it implies (2). Otherwise, it is (1).
(3) is handled during the join or configure 

I therefore propose rejecting this issue. 

Pat Calhoun
CTO, Wireless Networking Business Unit
Cisco Systems
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap