Subject: [Capwap] Editorial - WTP Event Request

From: "Saravanan Govindan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 11:23:56 +0800

All,

This is a follow-up on an earlier thread;

http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap/msg03208.html

Is the proposal ok for the next draft? 

Cheers,

Saravanan

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: sujay <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 11:47:38 +0530

Saravanan,
 
<snip> 
"The exchange of a CAPWAP control message serves as an implicit keep
alive mechanism for the WTP. The arrival of a CAPWAP control message at
the AC indicates the WTP is operational. In cases where regular CAPWAP
control messages are not exchanged, explicit keep alive is used (see
Section 7)."<snip/>
 
As the understanding is, arrival of *any* authenticated control message
obviates
the need for an 'echo request' message, to keep up the neighbour as up.
 I wouldn't prefer the last statement..viz..
"In cases where regular CAPWAP control messages are not exchanged, explicit
keep alive is used (see
Section 7)."
This kind of sounds making the keep alive and control message usage mutually
exclusive. Could we put
more simpler, " CAPWAP control messages MAY/SHOULD  be treated equivalent to
an Echo request message 
received(See Section 7)" ,
Again noting; WTP event request message is just one of those possible
control messages.
Regds,
Sujay G
My Location;
http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=14.626109,76.959229
<http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=14.626109,76.959229&spn=4.724852,7.525085&t=
h&hl=en> &spn=4.724852,7.525085&t=h&hl=en

This e-mail and attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI,
which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed
above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including,
but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or
dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is
prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by
phone or email immediately and delete it! 

  _____  

From: Saravanan Govindan [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, August 28, 2006 8:54 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Capwap] Editorial - WTP Event Request

All,

Cheers,

Saravanan