Subject: [Capwap] Issue 209: mesage element length issues

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 06:45:46 -0700

There were two length issues reported in this issue:

1. AC Descriptor Message Element to be of 18 bytes. Please, there is
someone who can explain to me why 
these 18 bytes?

<PRC> You are correct, it should have been ">= 12", not 18.

2. The Radio Administrative State Message element, too, is 3 bytes of
length and 
not 2 as the draft reports.

<PRC>hmmm... I don't believe so. The Radio Administrative State message
element is defined as:

      0                   1
      0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |    Radio ID   |  Admin State  |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Further, the message element's length is defined below:

      0                   1                   2                   3
      0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |              Type             |             Length            |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |   Value ...   |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

   Where Type (16 bit) identifies the character of the information
   carried in the Value field and Length (16 bits) indicates the number
   of bytes in the Value field.

I hope ths helps. 

Pat Calhoun
CTO, Wireless Networking Business Unit
Cisco Systems
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap