Subject: [Capwap] Issue 195: Mobile config request needs more detail

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 10:58:12 -0700

There are two parts to this issue, and my belief is that they are
completely
separate. So I will take comment 59) and 60) (below) and create a new
issue,
called "Multiple stations in a single Mobile Config Request".

58) Mobile Config Request. the actual details of how this works on both
splitMAC and especially localMAC are not well specified. That is, only
the figures and text in sections 11.1.1 and 11.1.2 provide any clue as
to events that would cause an AC to send this message type. Also, there
are restrictions on combinations of parameters that can be included in
the message.

<PRC> I wonder whether other folks agree that more details are required.
I am unsure what "restrictions" you are talking about here, so I would
need
further clarification on your comment.

59) it doesn't say if one message can be used to update more than one
STA. It should be able.
60) IEEE 802.11 Mobile. shouldn't the STA MAC address be included so
this message element can be matched with a (4.4.8)Add Mobile message
element?

Pat Calhoun
CTO, Wireless Networking Business Unit
Cisco Systems
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap