Subject: [Capwap] Issue 185: WTP Fallback isn't well defined, and should be removed.

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 09:05:19 -0700

The issue currently states that because the message element is not
sufficient defined, we need to remove it from the protocol. I disagree
on both counts. I am including the text from the specification, and
would ask for further clarification from Dave on what he believes is not
sufficiently described.

4.4.35.  WTP Fallback

   The WTP Fallback message element is sent by the AC to the WTP to
   enable or disable automatic CAPWAP fallback in the event that a WTP
   detects its preferred AC, and is not currently connected to it.

      0
      0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |     Mode      |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

   Type:   35 for WTP Fallback

   Length:   1

   Mode:   The 8-bit value indicates the status of automatic CAPWAP
      fallback on the WTP.  A value of zero disables fallback, while a
      value of one enables it.  When enabled, if the WTP detects that
      its primary AC is available, and it is not connected to it, it
      SHOULD automatically disconnect from its current AC and reconnect
      to its primary.  If disabled, the WTP will only reconnect to its
      primary through manual intervention (e.g., through the Reset
      Request command). 

Pat Calhoun
CTO, Wireless Networking Business Unit
Cisco Systems
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap