Subject: [Capwap] Terminology update

From: "Saravanan Govindan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 10:40:11 +0800

All,

I'd like to suggest an additional item for the terminology section
(Section 1.5 - Terminology). Following from earlier discussions, we can
consider using the same definition as in the Objectives RFC without
having to reference it. 

Suggestion:

WLAN: A WLAN refers to a logical separation of a physical WTP, also
known as logical group. So a single physical WTP will operate a number
of WLANs or logical groups. Virtual access points are examples of
logical groups. Here, each Basic Service Set Identifier (BSSID) and
constituent wireless terminals' radios are denoted as distinct logical
groups of a physical WTP. 

Appreciate comments. 

Cheers,

Saravanan

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 10:32:58 -0700

Issue 207 created

Pat Calhoun
CTO, Wireless Networking Business Unit
Cisco Systems

________________________________

	From: Saravanan Govindan
[mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2006 7:40 PM
	To: [email-masked]
	Subject: [Capwap] Terminology update

	All,

	I'd like to suggest an additional item for the terminology
section (Section 1.5 - Terminology). Following from earlier discussions,
we can consider using the same definition as in the Objectives RFC
without having to reference it. 

	Suggestion:

	WLAN: A WLAN refers to a logical separation of a physical WTP,
also known as logical group. So a single physical WTP will operate a
number of WLANs or logical groups. Virtual access points are examples of
logical groups. Here, each Basic Service Set Identifier (BSSID) and
constituent wireless terminals' radios are denoted as distinct logical
groups of a physical WTP. 

	Appreciate comments. 

	Cheers,
	
	Saravanan