Subject: [Capwap] Issue 162: The WTP Descriptor message element contains too much information

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 15:21:30 -0700

13) The WTP Descriptor message element contains too much information,
lacks clarity on the WTP encryption field and includes version numbers,
which should be in string form.

<PRC> There are three points raised here:
1. Too much information. I disagree. I think there is value in knowing
everything about the WTP. The AC vendors can expose whatever information
they want, but I don't believe anything is unnecessary.

2. WTP Encryption lacks clarity. Well, I would need more information on
what you feel is not sufficiently defined, but I would first like to
address
issue 138, which really discusses whether this is required or not since
we
have another mechanism to encrypt the data plane.

3. To the last point, I have made a change to require that the data be
encoded in the UTF-8 format.

Pat Calhoun
CTO, Wireless Networking Business Unit
Cisco Systems
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap