Subject: Re: [Capwap] Editorial - WTP Event Request

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 10:36:18 -0700

I believe the quoted text is the agreed upon text.

Pat Calhoun
CTO, Wireless Networking Business Unit
Cisco Systems

________________________________

	From: sujay [mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2006 11:18 PM
	To: 'Saravanan Govindan'; [email-masked]
	Subject: Re: [Capwap] Editorial - WTP Event Request

	Saravanan,
	 
	<snip> 
	"The exchange of a CAPWAP control message serves as an implicit
keep
	alive mechanism for the WTP. The arrival of a CAPWAP control
message at
	the AC indicates the WTP is operational. In cases where regular
CAPWAP
	control messages are not exchanged, explicit keep alive is used
(see
	Section 7)."<snip/>
	 
	As the understanding is, arrival of *any* authenticated control
message obviates
	the need for an 'echo request' message, to keep up the neighbour
as up.
	 I wouldn't prefer the last statement..viz..
	"In cases where regular CAPWAP control messages are not
exchanged, explicit keep alive is used (see
	Section 7)."
	This kind of sounds making the keep alive and control message
usage mutually exclusive. Could we put
	more simpler, " CAPWAP control messages MAY/SHOULD  be treated
equivalent to an Echo request message 
	received(See Section 7)" ,
	Again noting; WTP event request message is just one of those
possible control messages.
	Regds,
	Sujay G
	My Location;
	
http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=14.626109,76.959229&spn=4.724852,7.525085
&t=h&hl=en

	This e-mail and attachments contain confidential information
from HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose
address is listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in
any way (including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure,
reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended
recipient's) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender by phone or email immediately and delete it! 

________________________________

	From: Saravanan Govindan
[mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: Monday, August 28, 2006 8:54 AM
	To: [email-masked]
	Subject: [Capwap] Editorial - WTP Event Request

	All,

	This is a follow-up on an earlier thread;

	http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap/msg03208.html

	Is the proposal ok for the next draft? 

	Cheers,

	Saravanan

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap