Subject: [Capwap] Issue 184: Should Idle Timeout be per radio, or per WTP, and should the value

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 07:13:48 -0700

35) Should Idle Timeout be per radio, or per WTP, and should the value
be defined in section 4.5 or 11.

<PRC> Per WTP.

Here is the proposed text:

4.4.21.  Idle Timeout

   The Idle Timeout message element is sent by the AC to the WTP to
   provide it with the idle timeout that it should enforce on its active
   STA entries.  The value applies for all radios on the WTP. The
default
   value for this message element can be found in Section 4.7
[...]

4.7.  CAPWAP Message Element Default Values

   The WTP and AC MUST support the following default values.  These
   values may be overriden via explicit notification within a message
   element.

4.7.1.  IdleTimeout

   The default Idle Timeout is 18000 seconds (5 minutes).

Pat Calhoun
CTO, Wireless Networking Business Unit
Cisco Systems
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 07:19:50 -0700

ummm... my math is off. the default value should have been 300 (5
minutes), not 18000 (5 hours)

My apologies.

Pat Calhoun

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Pat Calhoun (pacalhou) 
> Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2006 7:14 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Capwap] Issue 184: Should Idle Timeout be per 
> radio, or per WTP,and should the value
> 
> 35) Should Idle Timeout be per radio, or per WTP, and should 
> the value be defined in section 4.5 or 11.
> 
> <PRC> Per WTP.
> 
>    STA entries.  The value applies for all radios on the WTP. 
> The default
>    value for this message element can be found in Section 4.7 [...]
>