Subject: [Capwap] I-D ACTION:draft-ohara-capwap-lwapp-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 15:50:04 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Control And Provisioning of Wireless Access Points Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Light Weight Access Point Protocol
	Author(s)	: P. Calhoun, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ohara-capwap-lwapp-04.txt
	Pages		: 137
	Date		: 2007-3-2
	
In the recent years, there has been a shift in wireless LAN product
   architectures from autonomous access points to centralized control of
   light weight access points.  The general goal has been to move most
   of the traditional wireless functionality such as access control
   (user authentication and authorization), mobility and radio
   management out of the access point into a centralized controller.

   The IETF's CAPWAP WG has identified that a standards based protocol
   is necessary between a wireless Access Controller and Wireless
   Termination Points (the latter are also commonly referred to as Light
   Weight Access Points).  This specification defines the Light Weight
   Access Point Protocol (LWAPP), which addresses the CAPWAP's protocol
   requirements.  Although the LWAPP protocol is designed to be flexible
   enough to be used for a variety of wireless technologies, this
   specific document describes the base protocol, and an extension that
   allows it to be used with the IEEE's 802.11 wireless LAN protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ohara-capwap-lwapp-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ohara-capwap-lwapp-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ohara-capwap-lwapp-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap