Subject: [Capwap] Issue 246: Data IP Address message element is missing

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 22:50:08 -0800

The following text has been temporarily removed from the NAT
Considerations 
section because the Data IP Address message element is not defined in
the 
specification. I believe that we should address this in the Working
Group last 
call.

    Another issue related to having an AC behind a NAT system is CAPWAP
    support for the CAPWAP objective to allow the control and data plane
    to be separated. To support this requirement, the CAPWAP
    protocol defines the Data IP Address message element, which
    allows the AC to inform the WTP that the CAPWAP data frames are to
be
    forwarded to a separate IP Address. This feature MUST be disabled
when
    an AC is behind a NAT. However, there is no easy way to provide some
    default mechanism that satisfies both the data/control separation
and
    NAT objectives, as they directly conflict with each other. As a
    consequence, user intervention will be required to support such
    networks.

Pat Calhoun
CTO, Wireless Networking Business Unit
Cisco Systems
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap