Subject: [Capwap] Proposed text for issue 248: Both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses not required

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 01:33:15 -0700

All,

This issue was created because a previous applied change was not
performed properly. The editors believe this to be an editoral problem.
The issue is that a device can either communicate with a WTP using IPv4
or IPv6, but not both at the same time. The change was applied to the
Discovery Response message, but not to the Primary Discovery Response or
the Join Response. Please find the proposed text below:

5.4.  Primary Discovery Response
[...]
 
   One of the following message elements MUST be included in the
   Discovery Response Message:

   o  CAPWAP Control IPv4 Address, see Section 4.5.10
   o  CAPWAP Control IPv6 Address, see Section 4.5.11

6.2.  Join Response
[...]
   One of the following message elements MUST be included in the
   Discovery Response Message:

   o  CAPWAP Control IPv4 Address, see Section 4.5.10
   o  CAPWAP Control IPv6 Address, see Section 4.5.11

Comments?

Pat Calhoun
CTO, Wireless Networking Business Unit
Cisco Systems
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap