Subject: [Capwap] Proposed text for Issue 251: Retransmission of control packets is not exponential

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 08:00:54 -0700

4.4.3.  Retransmissions
[...]
   After transmitting a Request message, the RetransmitInterval (see
   Section 4.6) timer and MaxRetransmit (see Section 4.7) variable are
   used to determine if the original Request message needs to be
   retransmitted.  The RetransmitInterval timer is used the first time
   the Request is retransmitted.  The timer is then doubled every
   subsequent time the same Request message is retransmitted, up to
   MaxRetransmit but no more than half the EchoInterval timer (see
   Section 4.6.5).  Response messages are not subject to these timers. 

Pat Calhoun
CTO, Wireless Networking Business Unit
Cisco Systems
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 07:33:00 -0600

Pat:

My initial read of the retransmission section is that this text is
sufficient for both responses and transmissions.

I will do a detailed walk through the draft early next week - so I will
let you know if I find a problem.

I do not anticipate it.

Sue

-----Original Message-----
From: Pat Calhoun (pacalhou) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2007 12:01 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Capwap] Proposed text for Issue 251: Retransmission of
controlpackets is not exponential

4.4.3.  Retransmissions
[...]

Pat Calhoun