Subject: Re: [Capwap] CAPWAP Session Establishment Overview is incomplete

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 14:13:12 -0800

This issue is marked as closed since no objections were received since
10/12/07.

PatC 

-----Original Message-----
From: Pat Calhoun (pacalhou) 
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2007 1:39 PM
To: capwap
Subject: [Capwap] CAPWAP Session Establishment Overview is incomplete

All,
 
The message example provided in section 2.2 is incomplete as it does not
include the Change State Event Request/Response. I have created issue
21.

<Proposed Text>
2.2.  CAPWAP Session Establishment Overview

[...]

           ============                         ============
               WTP                                   AC
           ============                         ============
            [----------- begin optional discovery ------------]

                           Discover Request
                 ------------------------------------>
                           Discover Response
                 <------------------------------------

            [----------- end optional discovery ------------]

                      (-- begin DTLS handshake --)

                             ClientHello
                 ------------------------------------>
                      HelloVerifyRequest (with cookie)
                 <------------------------------------

                        ClientHello (with cookie)
                 ------------------------------------>
                                ServerHello,
                                Certificate,
                                ServerHelloDone*
                 <------------------------------------

                (-- WTP callout for AC authorization --)

                        Certificate (optional),
                         ClientKeyExchange,
                     CertificateVerify (optional),
                         ChangeCipherSpec,
                             Finished*
                 ------------------------------------>

                (-- AC callout for WTP authorization --)

                         ChangeCipherSpec,
                             Finished*
                 <------------------------------------

                (-- DTLS session is established now --)

                              Join Request
                 ------------------------------------>
                              Join Response
                 <------------------------------------
                      [-- Join State Complete --]

                   (-- assume image is up to date --)

                      Configuration Status Request
                 ------------------------------------>
                      Configuration Status Response
                 <------------------------------------
                    [-- Configure State Complete --]

                       Change State Event Request
                 ------------------------------------>
                       Change State Event Response
                 <------------------------------------
                   [-- Data Check State Complete --]

                        (-- enter RUN state --)

                                   :
                                   :

                              Echo Request
                 ------------------------------------>
                             Echo Response
                 <------------------------------------

                                   :
                                   :

                              Event Request
                 ------------------------------------>
                             Event Response
                 <------------------------------------

                                   :
                                   :
</Proposed Text>

PatC
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap