Subject: Re: [Capwap] Use of NeighborDead timer with Echo

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 15:03:57 -0800

I am closing this issue since there was no comment on the recommendation
to remove the unneeded timer.

PatC 

-----Original Message-----
From: Pat Calhoun (pacalhou) 
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2007 1:32 PM
To: capwap
Subject: [Capwap] Use of NeighborDead timer with Echo

All,
 
The current text reads that when an Echo request is transmitted, the
NeighborDead timer is set. This doesn't seem to make sense, since the
Echo Request would be retransmitted just as any other control message.
So it seems like we should rely on the existing retransmission
mechanisms built into the control protocol and not require another
timer.
 
Objections?
 
Issue 20 created to track.
 
PatC
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap