Subject: [Capwap] FW: [sag_ro_wg] CAPWAP Spec, CAPWAP Header

From: "Bob O'Hara (boohara)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 09:27:07 -0800

Forwarding for an outside reader.

 -Bob

Bob O'Hara
Cisco Systems - WNBU

Phone:  +1 408 853 5513
Mobile: +1 408 218 4025

________________________________

From: Jeff Gembler [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2007 1:55 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [sag_ro_wg] CAPWAP Spec, CAPWAP Header

I have been reading the CAPWAP spec:

    Network Working Group                                 P. Calhoun,
Editor

    Internet-Draft                                       Cisco Systems,
Inc.

    Expires: December 13, 2007                         M. Montemurro,
Editor

                                                          Research In
Motion

                                                          D. Stanley,
Editor

                                                              Aruba
Networks

                                                               June 11,
2007

                        CAPWAP Protocol Specification

                 draft-ietf-capwap-protocol-specification-07

Page 40 shows the binary encoding for the CAPWAP Header.

There is a text alignment problem on this page.  

The WBID field is shown as,  what would appear to be,  4.5 bits in
length.

The Flags field,  3.5 bits in length.

What is correct   5,3 bits ?  4,4 bits ?

Jeff Gembler

Intelleflex

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: "Abhijit Choudhury (achoudhu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 10:50:35 -0800

There does seem to be an alignment problem -
even in the latest draft (v08).
 
The text however says:
 
    WBID:  A 5 bit field which is the wireless binding identifier.  The
      identifier will indicate the type of wireless packet type
      associated with the radio.  The following values are defined:
 
      1 -  IEEE 802.11
 
      2 -  IEEE 802.16
 
      3 -  EPCGlobal

So, WBID should be  5bits wide and Flags 3bits wide.

Thanks,
Abhijit

From: Bob O'Hara (boohara) 
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2007 9:27 AM
To: capwap
Subject: [Capwap] FW: [sag_ro_wg] CAPWAP Spec, CAPWAP Header

 -Bob

Bob O'Hara
Cisco Systems - WNBU

Phone:  +1 408 853 5513
Mobile: +1 408 218 4025

 

                                                          Research In
Motion

                                                          D. Stanley,
Editor

                                                              Aruba
Networks

                                                               June 11,
2007

 

 

Jeff Gembler

Intelleflex

---

From: "Bob O'Hara (boohara)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 13:14:41 -0800

I agree.  The figure in 4.3 of the -08 draft needs to have a space added
before "WBID" and a space removed after "Flags" to align the fields
correctly.

 -Bob

From: Abhijit Choudhury (achoudhu) 
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2007 10:51 AM
To: Bob O'Hara (boohara); capwap
Subject: RE: [Capwap] FW: [sag_ro_wg] CAPWAP Spec, CAPWAP Header

The text however says:

      1 -  IEEE 802.11
 
      2 -  IEEE 802.16
 
      3 -  EPCGlobal

Thanks,
Abhijit

 -Bob

Bob O'Hara
Cisco Systems - WNBU

Phone:  +1 408 853 5513
Mobile: +1 408 218 4025

 

                                                          Research In
Motion

                                                          D. Stanley,
Editor

                                                              Aruba
Networks

                                                               June 11,
2007

 

 

Jeff Gembler

Intelleflex

---

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 07:51:25 -0800

Issue 24 created.
 
PatC

 -Bob

Bob O'Hara
Cisco Systems - WNBU

Phone:  +1 408 853 5513
Mobile: +1 408 218 4025

 

                                                          Research In
Motion

                                                          D. Stanley,
Editor

                                                              Aruba
Networks

                                                               June 11,
2007

 

 

Jeff Gembler

Intelleflex