Subject: [Capwap] Nits in CAPWAP base spec -10

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 10:35:58 -0400

Hi All,

While preparing to submit the CAPWAP base spec to the IESG for  
publication, I ran the id-nits checker on version -10 of the  
document, and I found a few minor nits.

Specifically:

(1) The reference to RFC 2132 (DHCP-related) is unused, because we  
moved the DHCP stuff to a separate document.  The reference should be  
removed.

(2) The following references are outdated:

- RFC 1883 has been obsoleted by RFC 2460.
- draft-housley-aaa-key-mgmt has been published as RFC 4962

(3) There is one occurrence of "MUST not" that should be "MUST NOT".

I can't personally imagine any way in which any of these issues could  
be hiding a substantive problem.  So, in the submission questionnaire  
for this document, I have asked Dan to proceed with the publication  
process and allow us to clean up these nits for the next update.

Margaret

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 08:41:12 -0700

I have made the necessary changes to the -11 draft. I can submit it when
you believe it is the right time, just let me know.

PatC 

-----Original Message-----
From: Margaret Wasserman [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2008 7:36 AM
To: capwap
Subject: [Capwap] Nits in CAPWAP base spec -10

Hi All,

While preparing to submit the CAPWAP base spec to the IESG for
publication, I ran the id-nits checker on version -10 of the document,
and I found a few minor nits.

Specifically:

(1) The reference to RFC 2132 (DHCP-related) is unused, because we moved
the DHCP stuff to a separate document.  The reference should be removed.

I can't personally imagine any way in which any of these issues could be
hiding a substantive problem.  So, in the submission questionnaire for
this document, I have asked Dan to proceed with the publication process
and allow us to clean up these nits for the next update.

Margaret