Subject: [Capwap] Issue 150: binding doc. 802.11 wlan config req/resp msg typevalueissue

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 14:34:44 -0700

All,

I have made the fixes for the issue raised. The crux of the issue is
that the message element numbering requires that the first three octets
be used for the IANA Enterprise Number, for which 802.11 uses 13277. The
issue is that the base draft also requires that requests be odd
numbered, and responses be even numbered. However, the -7 draft uses the
inverse, where the request is even numbered and the response is odd
numbered. 

The downside here is that this creates a backward compatibility issue
with -07, which has been through WG Last Call, but it is a necessary
change in order to comply with the numbering rules laid out in the base
draft.

So the new text looks like:

<text>
3.  IEEE 802.11 Specific CAPWAP Control Messages
[...]
           CAPWAP Control Message                    Message Type
                                                        Value

           IEEE 802.11 WLAN Configuration Request      3398913
           IEEE 802.11 WLAN Configuration Response     3398914
</text>

PatC
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap