Subject: [Capwap] UDP IANA port

From: "Yong Zhang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 14:41:15 -0700

I saw from the mail archive that UDP ports had been allocated by IANA,
but the spec. doc. is not updated.

Yong

The CAPWAP control port at the AC is the well known UDP port [to be IANA
   assigned].
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 04:34:38 -0700

Yes, I had applied for the UDP ports and was planning on making the
change after IETF Last Call, but we can make the change now given that I
need to rev the spec anyhow. I have created issue 142 to track this
request. Here is the new text:

<text>
3.1.  UDP Transport
[...]
   CAPWAP protocol control packets sent from the WTP to the AC use the
   CAPWAP control channel, as defined in Section 1.4.  The CAPWAP
   control port at the AC is the well known UDP port 5246.  The CAPWAP
   control port at the WTP can be any port selected by the WTP.

   CAPWAP protocol data packets sent from the WTP to the AC use the
   CAPWAP data channel, as defined in Section 1.4.  The CAPWAP data port
   at the AC is the well known UDP port 5247.  The CAPWAP data port at
   the WTP can be any port selected by the WTP.
</text> 

I guess this ALSO means that I have to REMOVE the following text in the
IANA considerations section:
<text>
   A separate UDP port for data channel communications is (currently)
   the selected demultiplexing mechanism, and a port must be assigned
   for this purpose in Section 3.1.  The UDP port numbers are listed by
   IANA at http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers.
</text>

PatC
-----Original Message-----
From: Yong Zhang [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2008 2:41 PM
To: Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: UDP IANA port

Yong

---

From: "Yong Zhang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 09:53:40 -0700

This is OK for me.