Subject: [Capwap] Issue 146: Invalid reference to boolean term

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 08:26:46 -0700

All,

During a change to 4.6.34, we agreed to keep the value zero (0) Reserved
to maintain compatibility with -10. However, the text continues to refer
to this field as a boolean value. Clearly, the values defined makes this
a non-boolean since enabled is 1 and disabled is 2. The current text
states:

<text>
   State:   An 8-bit boolean value representing the state of the radio.
      The following enumerated values are supported:

      0 -  Reserved

      1 -  Enabled

      2 -  Disabled
</text>

I would propose removing the term boolean from the text.

Lastly, in section 4.6.50, we are again using enabled and disabled, and
the text reads:

<current text>
4.6.50.  WTP Static IP Address Information
[...]
   Static:   An 8-bit boolean stating whether the WTP should use a
      static IP address or not.  A value of zero disables the static IP
      address, while a value of one enables it.
</current text>

In order to make sure that we have complete consistency, I would propose
changin the text to:

<new text>
   State:   An 8-bit value stating whether the WTP should use a
      static IP address or not. The following enumerated values
      are supported:

      0 -  Reserved

      1 -  Enabled

      2 -  Disabled
</new text>

PatC
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: "Yong Zhang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 09:03:06 -0700

This change is OK for me.

Yong
------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 08:26:46 -0700
From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Capwap] Issue 146: Invalid reference to boolean term
To: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID:
       <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain;       charset="us-ascii"

All,

<text>

     0 -  Reserved

     1 -  Enabled

     2 -  Disabled
</text>

<current text>

<new text>

     0 -  Reserved

     1 -  Enabled

     2 -  Disabled
</new text>

PatC

------------------------------
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap