Subject: [Capwap] Issue 168: DTLS and Retransmissions

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 15:52:47 -0700

Pasi's comment was:

   Section 2.4.1: "DTLS will never terminate the handshake due to
   non-responsiveness; instead, DTLS will continue to 
   increase its back-off timer period" While RFC 4347 doesn't specify
how
   long you should continue retransmitting, the 
   intent certainly was not to continue indefinitely.
 
   Section 2.4.3 text about DTLS retransmissions is slightly inaccurate;
   DTLS handshake isn't strictly request/response, 
   and both parties (not just the DTLS client) retransmit based on
timers
   (in some situations).

It is unclear to me as to whether these are simply observations, or
request for change. That said, I would like either Charles or Scott to
reply.

PatC
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap