Subject: Re: [Capwap] [capwap] New Issue 102: Join to Image Data state transition issue on

From: "Yong Zhang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 13:43:34 -0700

This changes for issue 102 and issue 136 are OK for me.

Yong

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 22:29:25 -0700
Subject: [Capwap] New Issue 102: Join to Image Data state transition
issueon the AC
The original issue stated:

In page 24/25.  it is said:

  AC: join -> image data happens when the AC receives the image data
request from
    WTP.
  AC: join -> configure happens immediately after the AC transmits the
join resp.

  Does the WTP only send the image data request after it receives the
join resp?  If
  so, the AC will not be able to go into the image data state. Did I
miss something
  here?

You raise a very real ommision in the text. I am making a change that
has the least impact to the spec, and no impact to the state machine:

<text>
2.3.  CAPWAP State Machine Definition
[...]

  Join to Image Data (f):  This state transition is used by the WTP and
     the AC to download executable firmware.
[...]
     AC:  This state transition occurs when the AC receives the Image
        Data Request message from the WTP, after having sent its Join
        Response to the WTP.  The AC MUST transmit an Image Data
        Response message (see Section 9.1.2) to the WTP, which includes
        a portion of the firmware.  The AC MUST start the
        ImageDataStartTimer timer (see Section 4.7).
</text>N
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap