Subject: [Capwap] Issue 163: R-MAC Info Field needs to be clarified and cleaned up

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 12:24:20 -0700

Pasi's Comment was:
 
   Section 4.6.1, description of R-MAC Field needs some more text
(current text 
   would probably be fine if the field was  only 1 bit, but it's 8
bits).

Yes, clearly this needs some additional language. However, turning the
field into a series of flags would change the protocol, and therefore
not be what the WG would prefer. So instead I am proposing the following
language, which provides clarity without any compatibility issues:

<text>
4.6.1.  AC Descriptor
[...]
   R-MAC Field:   The AC supports the optional Radio MAC Address field
      in the CAPWAP transport Header (see Section 4.3).  The following
      enumerated values are supported:

      0 -  Reserved

      1 -  Supported

      2 -  Not Supported
</text>

Note that I chose these values in order to be consistent with the
enabled/disabled values used throughout the specification - as opposed
to the logical binary values.

PatC
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap