Subject: Re: [Capwap] New Issue 136: The AC State Machine never gets from Join to Image Data

From: "Yong Zhang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 11:47:17 -0700

This change is OK for me.

Yong
------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 17:17:02 -0700
From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Capwap] New Issue 136: The AC State Machine never gets from
       Join    to Image Data
To: "Yong Zhang" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Message-ID:
       <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain;       charset="us-ascii"

Interesting catch. Yes, you are correct that the text was misleading,
and required one to guess. This does need to be fixed, and I've created
a new issue 136 to deal with it. The approach you propose is a
reasonable one, but it uncovered another issue which is that the
ChangeStatePendingTimer was never stopped, which is a bug, so I have
fixed that as well. The new text would look like:

<text>
  Join to Configure (g):  This state transition is used by the WTP and
     the AC to exchange configuration information.
[...]
     AC:  This state transition occurs when it receives the
        Configuration Status message from the WTP (see Section 8.2),
        which MAY include specific message elements to override the
        WTP's configuration.  The AC transmits the Configuration Status
        Response message (see Section 8.3) and starts the
        ChangeStatePendingTimer timer (see Section 4.7).

  Configure to Data Check (m):  This state transition occurs when the
     WTP and AC confirm the configuration.
[...]
     AC:  This state transition occurs when the AC receives the Change
        State Event Request message (see Section 8.6) from the WTP.
        The AC responds with a Change State Event Response message (see
        Section 8.7).  The AC MUST start the DataCheckTimer timer and
        stops the ChangeStatePendingTimer timer (see Section 4.7).
</text>

PatC
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap