Subject: [Capwap] Issue 216: Need to define range for Radio ID field

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 12:54:11 -0700

All,
 
Yong raised the following issue:
 
     I have a question on the radio ID. Does it like the wlan ID with a
start value 1, and has valid value range 
     (1..255)?

The answer is between one and 31, and the limitation is due to the fact
that the RID field in the CAPWAP Header is 5 bits. I believe there is
value in simply adding the "one to 31" limitation to all references in
the CAPWAP Spec.

CAPWAP Chairs and IESG members, given the document is in IESG review, is
it possible to address this issue?

PatC

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap