Subject: [Capwap] The change logs of CAPWAP-BASE-MIB

From: young <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 09:37:14 +0800

Hi, here gives summary of changes in the new version of CAPWAP-BASE-MIB:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------

For 5.  Overview section

Update the design objectives of the MIB drafts, to make it more clear. 

For example, update "- To work well under centralized architectures, and 

   provide a way to centrally manage and control wireless network by SNMP" 

   with 

   "- To implement an architecture that uses SNMP for the management and

   control of wireless networks, answering the operators requirements

   for centralized management, whatever the deployment or configuration

   of the network devices (centralized, distributed, or some mix)"

For 6.1.  Textual Conventions

It is reduplicate with 9.  Definitions, so it is removed.

For 7.2.  Relationship to the IF-MIB

Add some words to explain:  'WTP Virtual Radio Interface' provides

   a way to configure radio's parameters and query radio's traffic

   statistics, and reuse the MIBs defined by a specific wireless binding

   technology.  The interface SHOULD be modeled as an ifEntry and

 provide appropriate interface information.

For 7.3.  Relationship to the ENTITY-MIB

Add some words to make the Relationship with ENTITY-MIB more clear. 

For example, add some words like "By combining the MIBs, operators 

could query AC and WTP's status and properties. 

For example, they could get WTP's current status through

CAPWAP-BASE-MIB, and WTP's software revision information through ENTITY-MIB.

For 9.  Definitions section:

1) Use capwapBase as prefix for objects and TC.

2) For TCs, there are changed and use "TC" characters as suffix.

3) Add  DISPLAY-HINT for TCs involved.

4) As per latest protocol draft, update the reference part, DESCRIPTION
part, value scope

   and so on of each MIB objects, and make them consistent with latest
protocol draft. 

   Lots of small changes happened.

5) To improve readability of MIB object name, we replace "WTP" with
"Wtp","AC"with "Ac".....

   For example, we rename  "capwapWTPState"   as "capwapBaseWtpState"

6) We used to use capwapWTPACNameList to provide AC name list info. 

   Now, we use capwapBaseAcNameListTable to replace it and it is able to

   support more AC name items.

7) Fix some syntax error, for example, capwapBaseStationVlanName should 

   use SnmpAdminString type.

8) All notification objects use capwapBaseNtf as prefix.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------

Regards

Richard

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap