Subject: [Capwap] Thc change logs of CAPWAP-DOT11-MIB

From: young <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 09:44:31 +0800

The summary of changes made in the new version of CAPWAP-DOT11-MIB

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------

In the entire drafts, we replaced  "IEEE 802.11 MIB standard" with "the MIBs
defined

   in IEEE 802.11 standard and its amendments." Because amendments of 802.11
standard also

   give MIB definitions.

For 5.  Overview

Update the description about How configuration for a specific Wlan id is
done.

6.1.  Textual Conventions

It is reduplicate with 9.  Definitions, so it is removed.

For 7.2.  Relationship to the IF-MIB

Add some words to describe the function of  'WLAN Service Interface' and
'WLAN BSS Interface' 

For 7.3.  Relationship to CAPWAP-BASE-MIB

Add some words to describe the function of CAPWAP-BASE-MIB and
CAPWAP-DOT11-MIB

For 7.4.  Relationship to the MIB defined in IEEE 802.11 standard and its

      amendments

Changes is to clarify that CAPWAP-DOT11-MIB could support MIB object not
involved in the

capwap binding protocol's TLVs.

We added:

   In the 802.11 binding document [I-D.ietf-capwap-protocol-binding-

   ieee80211], it involves a part of MIB objects defined by IEEE 802.11

   standard and its amendments.  Although CAPWAP-DOT11-MIB uses the

   802.11 binding document as a reference, it could reuse all the MIB

   objects defined by IEEE 802.11 standard and its amendments , and not

   limited by the scope of the 802.11 binding document.

For 8.  Example of CAPWAP-DOT11-MIB Usage

Add some words to give the summary of interface's function.

For 9.  Definitions section:

1) Make changes and ensure capwapDot11 as common prefix for all objects and
TC.

2) For TCs, there are changed and use "TC" characters as suffix.

3) Add  DISPLAY-HINT for TCs involved.

4) To improve readability of MIB object name, we replace "WLAN" with
"Wlan","BSS"with "Bss".....

   For example, we rename  "capwapDot11WLANBSSIfIndex"   as
"capwapDot11WlanBssIfIndex"

5) Update the DESCRIPTION of  capwapDot11WlanServiceIfIndex.

6) Update the DESCRIPTION of  capwapDot11WlanBssIfIndex.

7) Fix some syntax error, for example, capwapBaseStationVlanName should 

   use SnmpAdminString type.

8) Add the persistent description for capwapDot11WlanConfigTable

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------

Regards

Richard

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap