Subject: [Capwap] FW: [IANA #281797] Last Call: draft-ietf-capwap-base-mib (CAPWAP ProtocolBase MIB) to Informational RFC

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 10:50:53 +0100

Richard,

Please make sure that you address this issue as well. 

It looks like IANA believe that the ifType required in Section 12.2 of
draft-ietf-capwap-base-mib for WTP Virtual Radio Interface is the same
as one of the ifType required in draft-ietf-capwap-802dot11-mib for WLAN
Profile Interface and WLAN BSS Interface. They may be wrong, you need to
answer and clarify this. 

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Amanda Baber via RT
Sent: Tuesday, December 08, 2009 10:06 PM
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [IANA #281797] Last Call: draft-ietf-capwap-base-mib (CAPWAP
ProtocolBase MIB) to Informational RFC 

IESG:

IANA has the following comments on draft-ietf-capwap-base-mib-06.txt:

QUESTION: the ifType requested in section 12.2 is also being requested
by draft-ietf-capwap-802dot11-mib. Should both documents be listed as
references? 

Upon approval of this document, IANA will make the following assignment
at http://www.iana.org/assignments/smi-numbers
Prefix: iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2 (1.3.6.1.2.1)

Decimal Name Description Reference
------- | ------------ | ------------------------------- | --------- TBD
| capwapBaseMIB | CAPWAP Protocol Base MIB | [RFC-capwap-base-mib-06] 

Thanks,

Amanda Baber
IANA

On Mon Nov 23 15:46:06 2009, [email-masked] wrote:
> The IESG has received a request from the Control And Provisioning of 
> Wireless Access Points WG (capwap) to consider the following document:
> 
> - 'CAPWAP Protocol Base MIB '
>    <draft-ietf-capwap-base-mib-06.txt> as an Informational RFC
> 
> The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits 
> final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to 
> the [email-masked] mailing lists by 2009-12-07. Exceptionally, comments

> may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain 
> the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.
> 
> The file can be obtained via
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-capwap-base-mib-06.txt
> 
> 
> IESG discussion can be tracked via
>
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
17304&rfc_flag=0

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: young <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 10:55:12 +0800

Dear Dan:

Sorry, my reply is a bit later. 
Yes, the function of WTP Virtual Radio Interface is different to the other
two.
WTP Virtual Radio Interfaces is to logically represent
PHY radios on the WTP.  It looks like that PHY radios are located on
the AC, and PHY location of the WTP (radio) is hidden to the operator.
The MIB operation on the WTP radio could be done through the ifIndex of 
WTP Virtual Radio Interface. Another important point, the interface is
independent to the wireless binding (802.11 and son on)

The WLAN Profile Interface and WLAN BSS Interface are in the scope of 
the CAPWAP-DOT11-MIB.
In the draft-ietf-capwap-802dot11-mib, a WLAN profile stores configuration
parameters such as MAC type and tunnel mode for a WLAN. To reuse the IEEE
802.11 MIB, each WLAN profile corresponds to a WLAN Profile Interface on the
AC.
WLAN BSS Interface is used for data forwarding, and it is not related to the
WLAN configuration.

If the IANA still have some questions to it, please let me know.

Regards
Richard

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: Romascanu, Dan (Dan) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
发送时间: 2009年12月9日 17:51
收件人: young
抄送: [email-masked]
主题: FW: [IANA #281797] Last Call: draft-ietf-capwap-base-mib (CAPWAP

Richard,

Dan

-----Original Message-----

IESG:

Thanks,

Amanda Baber
IANA