Subject: [Capwap] More issues on the CAPWAP MIB documents

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 12:25:26 +0100

Bert draws me the attention on a few more issues related to the CAPWAP
MIB that I believe deserve attention: 

1. Unsigned32s is used in a number of place where possibly a Gauge is
better (limited integer that can increase or decrease between a min and
max limit) - capwapBaseWtpSessions, capwapBaseWtpSessionsLimit,
capwapBaseStationSessions, capwapBaseStationSessionsLimit,
capwapBaseWtpProfileWtpMaxDiscoveryInterval,
capwapBaseWtpRadiosInUseNum, capwapBaseWtpRadioNumLimit,
capwapBaseWtpDataChannelDeadInterval, capwapBaseAcWaitDTLSTimer,
capwapBaseAcWaitJoinTimer, 
 
2. In many TCs and objects the enumerations (INTEGER type) start from
value zero. I think that this was discussed during the AD review, and
the answer was that it is so on purpose to be consistent with the values
carried in the CAPWAP protocol fields. I think that this needs to be
explained in the DESCRIPTION clauses of the TCs and respective objects. 
 
3.. There are proper details in the DESCRIPTION clauses of InetAddress
objects as to which object defines the format... it is probably logical,
but it ought to be documented
 
4. There is no description in RowStatus objects as to which writable
objects can be changed when a row is active (if any).
 
Also, please address the IANA question in the review of
draft-ietf-capwap-802dot11-mib

QUESTION: What should we use in the "name" field for the two ifType
assignments?

Action #1:

Upon approval of this document, IANA will assign the following
ifType numbers at
http://www.iana.org/assignments/smi-numbers

Decimal Name Description Reference
------- | ------------ | ------------------------------- | ---------
TDB1 | ??? | WTP Virtual Radio Interface | [RFC-capwap-802dot11-mib-05]
TDB2 | ??? | WLAN Profile Interface | [RFC-capwap-802dot11-mib-05]

Thanks and Regards,

Dan
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap