Subject: Re: A couple of discussion items

From: Jonathan Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 11:07:17 -0800 (PST)

I think it would be a good idea to also consider the IETF's answer to the service 
discovery problem -- the service location protocol. Check out the SVRLOC WG in 
the Internet area.

Jon

>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: A couple of discussion items
>X-Face: "Evs"_GpJ]],xS)b$T2#V&{KfP_i2`TlPrY$Iv9+TQ!6+`~+l)#7I)0xr1>4hfd{#0B4 
WIn3jU;bql;{2Uq%zw5bF4?%F&&j8@KaT?#vBGk}u07<+6/`.F-3_GA@6Bq5gN9\+s;_d gD\SW 
#]iN_U0 KUmOR.P<|um5yP<ea#^"SJK;C*}fMI;Mv(aiO2z~9n.w?@\>kEpSD@*e`
>Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 00:07:18 -0500
>From: Ken Hornstein <[email-masked]>
>
>Some of you may have been following the recent discussion on
>[email-masked] regarding the use of RFC 2052 for KDC location.
>Microsoft is planning on using this, and I think it's a damn good
>idea.
>
>I propose we use the following records:
>
>_kerberos._udp.your.realm.here
>_kerberos._tcp.your.realm.here
>
>Comments?  The _ are from the rfc2052bis document.
>
>Also, could someone remind me what the resolution of the Kerberos focus
>group was at the last IETF regarding wording for TCP & UDP Kerberos
>transport?  I thought it was, "UDP MUST, TCP SHOULD, may be MUST in
>future".  This may have bearing on whether or not to even have a _udp
>record.
>
>I'd also like to have a way to determine the realm associated with
>a particular host.  I'm not sure if that's possible with RFC 2052,
>but it would be nice to use the DNS for this somehow...
>
>--Ken
>==========================================================================
>This message was posted through the Stanford campus mailing list
>server.  If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing list, send the
>message body of "unsubscribe ietf-cat-wg" to [email-masked]

==========================================================================
This message was posted through the Stanford campus mailing list
server.  If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing list, send the
message body of "unsubscribe ietf-cat-wg" to [email-masked]