Subject: This may be relevant to WG members involved with Kerberos

From: Michael Saltz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 17:11:20 -0800 (PST)

Just wanted to pass on a note to let you know that Connectathon 99 will have
Kerberos V5 testing forum on it's annual agenda.

Connectathon is a unique forum for testing software and hardware 
interoperability. Connectathon is a network proving ground allowing vendors to 
test their interoperability solutions, with special emphasis on NFS and Internet
protocols. Over the years, the vendor-neutral Connectathon has attracted a large 
number of development engineers from all major computer systems companies and a 
wide variety of software vendors. All have the common goal of making 
heterogeneous multivendor networking a reality. 

This will be the second year we will be including Kerberos V5 testing in 
connectathon. We will include testing of Kerberos clients (kinit, klist, 
kdestry, etc.), and Kerberized network applications (ftp, telnet, rlogin, etc.).  

I've appended additional information from Audrey Van Belleghem, the Connectathon 
manager.

Thanks,

Mike Saltz

>----- Begin Included Message -----<

                    Connectathon `99

  Plans for Connectathon 99 are already under way!  The 13th annual
  Connectathon event, an interoperability testing event for engineers
  only, will be held March 4-11, 1999, in San Jose, California.
  Connectathon, sponsored by Sun Microsystems, Inc., hosts over 40
  companies annually in an effort to test and debug source code which
  utilize the following technologies and protocols:

      NFS versions 2, 3 and 4
      NFS over TCP
      WebNFS
      Lock Manager
      NIS/NIS+/DNS
      TI-RPC
      Kerberos
      Automounter
      IPv6
      IPsec
      DHCP
      Network Computers
      LDAP
      Service Location Protocol
      Gigabit Ethernet
      Y2K Compatibility

  Based on demand, in addition we are considering to offer:

      Fiber Channel Attached Loop
      ATM

  If you are interested in testing FCAL or ATM, please send a note
  to [email-masked] and we'll gauge interest.  Or if you have a
  suggestion for another technology, feel free to contact us as well.

  Testing continues 24 hours per day.  Technology testing coordinators
  will organize testing procedures and test suite material.  In
  addition, there will be seminars with speakers addressing various
  topics.

  The registration deadline is February 14, 1999.  An Early Bird
  Discount on booth fees is available to those who register and pay by December
  18, 1998.  For registration information, please see our web site at
  http://www.connectathon.org.

  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Audrey Van
  Belleghem at [email-masked] or (408) 358-9598.

  We look forward to seeing you at the 13th annual Connectathon event!

  Audrey Van Belleghem
  Connectathon Manager

------------- End Forwarded Message -------------

==========================================================================
This message was posted through the Stanford campus mailing list
server.  If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing list, send the
message body of "unsubscribe ietf-cat-wg" to [email-masked]