Subject: GSS-SPNEGO

From: Bill Ricker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 15:58:57 -0800 (PST)

Hi John and Paul,

We're curious about a specification for GSS-SPNEGO. Since none is listed we're
assuming that it is the GSSAPI mechanism as specified in RFC 2222 using 
SPNEGO as the underlying GSS mechanism. Is that correct? If not, is there a
specification we can get hold of.

Thanks
bill

==========================================================================
This message was posted through the Stanford campus mailing list
server.  If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing list, send the
message body of "unsubscribe ietf-cat-wg" to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (John Myers)
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 16:32:54 -0800

I strongly recommend against using SPNEGO with SASL.  SPNEGO duplicates
the mechanism negotiation of SASL, and cannot use information about
non-GSSAPI mechanisms in the negotiation.  I am also under the
impression that a given GSSAPI mechanism under SPNEGO under SASL will
not be able to interoperate with the same GSSAPI mechanism directly
under SASL.
==========================================================================
This message was posted through the Stanford campus mailing list
server.  If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing list, send the
message body of "unsubscribe ietf-cat-wg" to [email-masked]