Subject: Re: JGSS bindings

From: Michael Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 14:12:41 -0500

At 10:14 AM 2/8/99 -0800, "Jack Kabat" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Michael, I think it would be helpful if you could provide some sample
>application code showing the usage of your API [....]

Sure. It's little above the level of pseudo-code, but there's 
a test driver for our implementation which can read and laughed
at, at <http://www.panix.com/~jlefevre/GSS/org/tiaa_cref/pseudo.java>.
The associated javadoc for both the GSS interfaces package, and 
the implementing classes package, is at 
<http://www.panix.com/~jlefevre/GSS>.

--Michael Smith
  [email-masked]

==========================================================================
This message was posted through the Stanford campus mailing list
server.  If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing list, send the
message body of "unsubscribe ietf-cat-wg" to [email-masked]

---

From: Mike Eisler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 09:50:15 -0800 (PST)

> <http://www.panix.com/~jlefevre/GSS>.

This examples has lines of code like:

import org.tiaa_cref.DCAAF1_0.DAAClient.*;

...
DAAImplementation imp = new DAAImplementation(args);

I asked a few days ago:

> >In your proposal, I'm curious if it is possible to write a java program that
> >doesn't have any explicit references in the source code to the GSS-API
> >mechanism that implements the interface? 

and you replied:

> The short answer to your question, if this isn't clear, is "yes".

Your approahc, which is a consequence of exposing the interfaces
to the Java programmer, appears to require explicit references to a
mechanism (or it's implementation thereof).

The C-binds I-D doesn't have such compile time bindings, and that feature
is what the corrent JGSS bindigns I-D sets out to achieve.

	-mre