Subject: Call for Papers: CQRE

From: "Detlef Hühnlein" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 08:10:05 +0000

(As some of you have problems with the html-version of the CFP
you will find the full version below. Sorry for this inconvenience.)

***************************************************************
                     Call for Papers
            CQRE [Secure] Congress & Exhibition
       Duesseldorf, Germany, Nov. 30 - Dec. 2 1999
---------------------------------------------------------------
provides a new international forum covering most aspects of
information security with a special focus to the role of
information security in the context of rapidly evolving economic
processes.
---------------------------------------------------------------
 Deadline for submission of extended abstracts: May 14, 1999
website: http://www.secunet.de/forum/cqre.html
mailing-list: send mailto:[email-masked] 
(where the subject is "subscribe" without paranthesis)
***************************************************************

The "CQRE - secure networking" provides a new international
forum giving a close-up view on information security in the context
of rapidly evolving economic processes. The unprecedented
reliance on computer technology transformed the previous technical
side- issue "information security'' to a management problem
requiring decisions of strategic importance. Hence, the targeted
audience represents decision makers from government, industry,
commercial, and academic communities. If you are developing
solutions to problems relating to the protection of your country’s
information infrastructure or a commercial enterprise, consider
submitting a paper to the "CQRE - secure networking" conference.

We are looking for papers and panel discussions covering:
. electronic commerce
 - new business processes
 - secure business transactions
 - online merchandising
 - electronic payment / banking
 - innovative applications

. network security
 - virtual private networks
 - security aspects in internet utilization
 - security aspects in multimedia-
   applications
- intrusion detection systems

. legal aspects
 - digital signatures acts
 - privacy and anonymity
 - crypto regulation
 - liability

. corporate security
 - access control
 - secure teleworking
 - enterprise key management
 - IT-audit
 - risk / disaster management
 - security awareness and training
 - implementation, accreditation, and
   operation of secure systems in a
   government, business, or industry
   environment

. security technology
 - cryptography
 - public key infrastructures
 - chip card technology
 - biometrics

. trust management
 - evaluation of products and systems
 - international harmonization of security
   evaluation criterias
. standardization
. future perspectives

Any other contribution addressing the involvement of IT security in
economic processes will be welcome. Authors are invited to submit
an extended abstract of their contribution to the program chair.
The submissions should be original research results, survey
articles or ``high quality'' case studies and position papers.
Product advertisements are welcome for presentation, but will not
be considered for the proceedings. Manuscripts must be in English,
and not more than 2.000 words. The extended abstracts should be in
a form suitable for anonymous review, with no author names,
affiliations, acknowledgements or obvious references. Contributions
must not be submitted in parallel to any conference or workshop
that has proceedings. Separately, an abstract of the paper with no
more than 200 words and with title, name and addresses (incl. an
E-mail address) of the authors shall be submitted. In the case of
multiple authors the contacting author must be clearly identified.
We strongly encourage electronic submission in Postscript format.
The submissions must be in 11pt format, use standard fonts or
include the necessary fonts. Proposals for panel discussions should
also be sent to the program chair. Panels of interest include those
that present alternative/controversial viewpoints or those that
encourage lively discussions of relevant issues. Panels that are
collections of unrefereed papers will not be considered. Panel
proposals should be a minimum of one page describing the subject
matter, the appropriateness of the panel for this conference and
should identify participants and their respective viewpoints.

mailing list/ web-site:
-----------------------
If you want to receive emails with subsequent Call for Papers and
registration information, please send a brief mail to
[email-masked]. You will find this call for papers and further
information at http://www.secunet.de/forum/cqre.html .

important dates:
----------------
deadline for submission of extended abstracts May 14, 1999
deadline for submission of panel proposals    June 1, 1999
notification of acceptance                   June 25, 1999
deadline for submission of complete papers   July 30, 1999

program chair:
--------------
secunet - Security Networks GmbH
c/o Rainer Baumgart 
Weidenauer Str. 223 - 225
57076 Siegen
Germany
Tel.: +49-271-48950-15
Fax:  +49-271-48950-50
[email-masked]

program committee:
------------------
Johannes Buchmann   (TU Darmstadt)
Dirk Fox            (Secorvo)
Walter Fumy         (Siemens)
Rüdiger Grimm       (GMD)
Helena Handschuh    (ENST/Gemplus)
Thomas Hoeren       (Uni Muenster)
Pil Joong Lee       (POSTECH)
Alfred Menezes      (U.o.Waterloo/Certicom)
David Naccache      (Gemplus)
Clifford Neumann    (USC)
Mike Reiter         (Bell Labs)
Matt Robshaw        (RSA)
Richard Schlechter  (EU-comm.)
Bruce Schneier      (Counterpane)
Tsuyoshi Takagi     (NTT)
Yiannis Tsiounis    (GTE Labs)
Michael Waidner     (IBM)
Moti Yung           (CERTCO)
Robert Zuccherato   (Entrust)
This message was posted through the Stanford campus mailing list
server.  If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing list, send the
message body of "unsubscribe ietf-cat-wg" to [email-masked]