Subject: Open Group Authorization Service API work?

From: RL Bob Morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 22:09:51 +0000 ( )

I note that DASCOM has submitted its IntraVerse AuthAPI as a proposed
Authorization Service API via the Open Group Fast Track process.  See
http://www.dascom.com/new/nr-api.html for their press release on this.    
(I couldn't find any info about this at www.opengroup.org.)

It's my impression that this API and the GAA-API cover similar ground, and
that XGSS-API is probably related too.  I wonder whether the GAA and XGSS
proponents have been involved in the Open Group activity; and I wonder   
further whether CAT participants have opinions about whether this kind of
work will be carried forward here, or in the Open Group, or some
combination of the two (or elsewhere, even).

 - RL "Bob"

==========================================================================
This message was posted through the Stanford campus mailing list
server.  If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing list, send the
message body of "unsubscribe ietf-cat-wg" to [email-masked]

---

From: Rich Salz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 19:45:35 -0500 (EST)

> http://www.dascom.com/new/nr-api.html for their press release on this.    

OG Fast Track means that only editorial changes are allowed.
Also note that The Open Group has followed IETF standards where they exist.
It might make sense for someone to tell TOG that the IETF is working
on this area. I'd suggest that someone involved with AAS drop a line to
Dean Adams, [email-masked] (tell him I sent you :).

Hope this helps.
	/r$, OSF and Open Group alumnus