Subject: [Cbor] CBOR working group conference calls

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 22:31:11 -0400

As we announced at the end of the session in Montreal, the chairs
would like to set up bi-weekly conference calls to make sure the
working group stays on track and makes planned progress through the
CDDL and CBOR-bis documents.  It will be helpful to have most of the
active participants on the calls, though it isn't necessary to attend
the calls in order to participate in the working group: we will report
notes from the calls on the mailing list, and any decisions made on
the calls will be up for review and further discussion on the mailing
list before they are final.

I plan to ask the Secretariat to announce conference calls running
every two weeks through the end of October (basically, until IETF 103
in Bangkok).  The plan is:

Day: every other Wednesday beginning on 8 August
Dates: 8, 22 Aug; 5, 19, Sep; 3, 17, 31 Oct
Time:
17:00 to 18:00 Europe/Berlin
16:00 to 17:00 Europe/London
11:00 to 12:00 America/New York
08:00 to 09:00 America/Los Angeles
For other zones:
https://www.epochconverter.com/timezones?q=1533740400&tz=Europe%2FBerlin

We hope this time will work for most people.  Please let the chairs
know off list if you're never able to attend conference calls at that
time, and if it turns out to be enough of a problem we'll see what we
can do.  For the first call, at least, the Secretariat must announce
the planned schedule early next week in order to meet the IESG's rules
for advance notice of conference calls.

We will use the working group WebEx for the calls.  The IETF WebEx
account does not allow International dialing nor US toll free ("800"
numbers), but you can use the WebEx app to connect your device audio,
and there's also the option of connection directly from your browser
if your browser supports it.

WebEx details will be sent to the mailing list before each call (the
details will be the same for all calls, but the messages will serve as
reminders).

Barry, as chair