Subject: [Cbor] Adoption call for CBOR Sequences

From: Jim Schaad <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2019 07:40:38 -0700

This starts a two week adoption call for draft-bormann-cbor-sequence ending
12 August 2019.

This document describes the Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR)
Sequence format and associated media type "application/cbor-seq".  A CBOR
Sequence consists of any number of encoded CBOR data items, simply
concatenated in sequence.

CBOR Chairs
Francesca and Jim

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 13:42:08 -0400

Jim Schaad <[email-masked]> wrote:
    > This starts a two week adoption call for draft-bormann-cbor-sequence
    > ending 12 August 2019.

    > Sequence format and associated media type "application/cbor-seq".  A
    > CBOR Sequence consists of any number of encoded CBOR data items, simply

I have read the document, and I agree with adopting it.

I think that the document is pretty much done actually. A few missing
articles perhaps.

-- 
]               Never tell me the odds!                 | ipv6 mesh networks [
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works        |    IoT architect   [
]     [email-masked]  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [

---

From: Sean Leonard <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 15:25:53 -0700

I support adoption of this draft.

The document already describes the advantages (just concatenate together 
= easy) and disadvantages (no end-of-sequence indicator, and if a data 
item is corrupted then it is not possible to reliably decode the rest of 
the sequence) of its approach, which is good. I believe that the 
document should point out alternate ways to encode sequences (without 
specifying them, just naming/identifying alternate approaches).

Sean

On 7/29/2019 7:40 AM, Jim Schaad wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> CBOR mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cbor