Subject: [Cbor] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-cbor-sequence-01: (with COMMENT)

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2019 04:15:07 -0700

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-cbor-sequence-01: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cbor-sequence/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Carsten,

Thank you for the work put into this document. I have one minor
COMMENT/suggestion and I am relying on the ART area directors for the
integration in the CBOR framework.

Regards,

-éric

== COMMENTS ==

-- Section 2 --
C.1) Unsure whether the "(Note that, ... valid JSON documents.)" is useful in
this document (I told you it is a minor comment).

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 14:33:23 +0200

Hi Éric,

Based on the historical shape of JSON, it is still a widely held belief that JSON is self-delimiting (as apparently recently witnessed again in an application for an ALPN name for “the JSON protocol”).  So I actually do think this parenthesis is useful, unless we cut out the whole observation about JSON not being self-delimiting.  I would prefer to leave this in.

Grüße, Carsten