Subject: [Cbor] Benjamin Kaduk's No Objection on draft-ietf-cbor-array-tags-07: (with COMMENT)

From: Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 11:55:57 -0700

Benjamin Kaduk has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-cbor-array-tags-07: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cbor-array-tags/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Section 3.1.2

I don't think we can get away with defining column-major order
implicitly by example and comparison to row-major order.  This is
particularly poingiant given that we do not limit ourselves to
two-dimensional arrays.

Section 7

I'm not sure that I understand the scenariao described by "an attacker
might substitute a Uint8ClampedArray" and how an application would get
unexpected processing semantics, but the general sentiment it indicates of
"applications need to verify any expectations they have" seems important
to cover.

Section 8.2

I couldn't find a document to go with [TypedArray]; the one
promising-looking search result ended up just redirecting me to
[TypedArrayES6].