Subject: Liaison on Procedures for Modifying the Resource reSerVation Protocol (RSVP)

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 13:04:03 -0000

To:      Mr. Gastone Bonaventura, Chairman of ITU-T Working Party 4/15
         Mr. Kam Lam, Rapporteur for ITU-T Question 14/15
From:    Adrian Farrel and Kireeti Kompella
            Co-chairs of the CCAMP Working Group of the IETF
Cc:      Alex Zinin and Bill Fenner, Routing Area Directors of the IETF
         Scott Bradner, IETF liaison with the ITU-T
         CCAMP Working Group
For:     Information
Subject: Procedures for Modifying the Resource reSerVation Protocol (RSVP)

Dear Mr. Bonaventura and Mr. Lam,

We would like to draw your attention to a recent IETF publication that may of relevance to
your organisation in its work with MPLS and GMPLS signaling protocols.

"Procedures for Modifying the Resource reSerVation Protocol (RSVP)" has been published as
RFC 3936 and accepted by the IESG as a Best Common Practice (BCP 96).

The abstract of this document reads as follows:
     This memo specifies procedures for modifying the Resource reSerVation
     Protocol (RSVP).  This memo also lays out new assignment guidelines
     for number spaces for RSVP messages, object classes, class-types, and
     sub-objects.

     This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
     Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
     improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

The full document can be found at http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3936.txt

Yours sincerely,
Kireeti Kompella & Adrian Farrel, CCAMP WG chairs