Subject: RE: Incoming communication from the OIF

From: "Brungard, Deborah A, ALABS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 16:15:58 -0600

Hi Adrian,

On the second last item, even though "informational", it is very
encouraging to hear that OIF has chosen to base it's UNI 2.0 IA on
CCAMP's existing solution work. We should respond noting that we welcome
the opportunity to collaborate with them and provide the updated status
regarding GMPLS-UNI (which includes support of Ethernet and G709),
GMPLS-G709, GMPLS-ASON, etc.

Regards,
Deborah

> however planned UNI 2.0 features include
> support of additional services including G.709, sub-STS-1 signal types
and Ethernet
> interfaces (using the same solutions from existing CCAMP documents).

---

From: dimitri papadimitriou <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 00:36:17 +0100

hi deborah,

> GMPLS-G709, GMPLS-ASON, etc.

you mean bringing them the following documents:
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-overlay-05.txt>
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-g709-08.txt>
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-rsvp-te-ason-02.txt>

could be also good to provide them with the details of RFC 3946 since it 
covers sub STS-1 signal types (hint: why only SONET is mentioned in the 
OIF liaison ?) and Ethernet (note: for the latter, i don't know if this 
is possible)

> .