Subject: Communication on Procedures for Modifying the Resource reSerVation Protocol (RSVP)

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 13:02:31 -0000

To:      Mr. Jim Jones, Technical Chair, OIF
From:    Adrian Farrel and Kireeti Kompella
            Co-chairs of the CCAMP Working Group of the IETF
Cc:      Alex Zinin and Bill Fenner, Routing Area Directors of the IETF
         CCAMP Working Group
For:     Information
Subject: Procedures for Modifying the Resource reSerVation Protocol (RSVP)

Dear Mr. Jones,

We would like to draw your attention to a recent IETF publication that may be of relevance
to your organisation in its work with MPLS and GMPLS signaling protocols.

"Procedures for Modifying the Resource reSerVation Protocol (RSVP)" has been published as
RFC 3936 and accepted by the IESG as a Best Common Practice (BCP 96).

The abstract of this document reads as follows:
    This memo specifies procedures for modifying the Resource reSerVation
    Protocol (RSVP).  This memo also lays out new assignment guidelines
    for number spaces for RSVP messages, object classes, class-types, and
    sub-objects.

    This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
    Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
    improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

The full document can be found at http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3936.txt

Yours sincerely,
Kireeti Kompella & Adrian Farrel, CCAMP WG chairs