Subject: Liaison from ITU-T Q14/15 on crankback

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 18:28:08 -0000

Hi,

This is the first of the two liaisons form an ITU-T meeting held in
January that arrived today.
It is an informational liaison and no action is required.

However, I propose that we should respond asking to be involved in the
review of the proposed additions of crankback function to the referenced
recommendations before that material is consented (last-called) by the
ITU-T. This would allow us to correct any misunderstandings about our
draft.

Please comment on this proposal on the mail list.

Thanks,
Adrian
====

The content of this liaison is as follows:

Subject: Liaison Statement to IETF CCAMP WG on Crankback in GMPLS Systems
To: Adrian Farrel and Kireeti Kompella, IETF CCAMP co-chairs
Cc: Alex Zinin and Bill Fenner, IETF Routing Area Directors
     Scott Bradner, IETF liaison to ITU-T

Thank you for your response to our liaison regarding crankback as
described in <draft-ietf-ccamp-crankback-03>.
Q14/15 appreciates the clarifications and will use this to develop
protocol requirements for the next revision of G.7713 ("Distributed call
and connection management").  In particular, we need to incorporate
crankback into the call model.  After that, the protocol details from
<draft-ietf-ccamp-crankback-03> can be incorporated into G.7713.2.

An electronic copy of this liaison statement can be found at
ftp://sg15opticalt:[email-masked]/tsg15opticaltransport/COMMUNICATIONS/index.html

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 15:30:16 +0100

Based on the comments at Minneapolis and on the list, here is a draft
liaison to go to ITU-T Q14/15.
Please review and comment.
Thanks,
Adrian
=======
To: Mr. Kam Lam, Rapporteur ITU-T Q14/15
From: Adrian Farrel and Kireeti Kompella
         Co-chairs of IETF CCAMP Working Group
Subject: Inclusion of Crankback in G.7713
For: Action
Deadline: May 1st 2005

Dear Mr. Lam,

Thank you for your recent response liaison on Crankback. The CCAMP working
group is pleased to hear that our work on crankback is of use to your
Question and looks forward to seeing inclusion of crankback within G.7713,
and to the specific inclusion of protocol elements in G.7713.2.

In order to increase the convergence between the work of our two
organizations, the CCAMP working group would welcome the opportunity to
review and comment on these inclusions before they are presented for
consent.

Thank you.

Adrian Farrel and Kireeti Kompella