Subject: Liaison received from ITU-T Q3/15

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 12:34:44 +0100

Hi,

We have received a liaison statement from ITU-T Study Group 15 Question 3.

This liaison is for our information and contains a copy of Recommendation
G.8081 "Terms and definitions for Automatically Switched Optical
Networks".

The authors of the GMPLS/ASON lexicography will need to examine this
Recommendation to ensure alignment with ASON terminology.

The text of the liaison is found below. A copy of the liaison and the
Recommendation can be found at http://www.olddog.co.uk/incoming.htm

(Beware that the ITU-T FTP site is quite slow.)

Thanks,
Adrian

===

From: Hiroshi Ohta, Rapporteur, Q.3/15
To: IETF ccamp WG
For: Information
Subject: G.8081: Terms and definitions for ASON

We are pleased to send you the ITU-T Recommendation G.8081, "Terms and
definitions for Automatically Switched Optical Networks".  We believe this
Recommendation is useful to develop consistent standards related to GMPLS
and ASON.  We hope to collaborate further for future development.  As
usual a pdf version of ITU-T Recommendation G.8081 can be downloaded from
the link below:
ftp://sg15opticalt:[email-masked]/tsg15opticaltransport/COMMUNICATIONS/index.html