Subject: GMPLS Signaling Procedure for Egress Control

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 09:57:24 -0000

To: Mr. Kam Lam, rapporteur ITU-T Question 14/15
Cc: Mr. Scott Bradner, IETF liaison coordinator with the ITU-T
       Alex Zinin and Bill Fenner, IETF Routing Area Directors
From: Adrian Farrel and Kireeti Kompella, IETF CCAMP working group chairs
Subject: GMPLS Signaling Procedure for Egress Control
For: Information

 Dear Mr. Lam

We would like to inform Question 14/15 of the publication of a new GMPLS
RFC.

RFC 4003 (ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4003.txt) "GMPLS Signaling
Procedure for Egress Control" describes the procedures for control of
egress ports and labels such as might be used to establish soft permanent
LSPs. The abstract is as follows.

   This document clarifies the procedures for the control of the label
   used on an output/downstream interface of the egress node of a Label
   Switched Path (LSP).  This control is also known as "Egress Control".
   Support for Egress Control is implicit in Generalized Multi-Protocol
   Label Switching (GMPLS) Signaling.  This document clarifies the
   specification of GMPLS Signaling and does not modify GMPLS signaling
   mechanisms and procedures.

The need for clarification of these procedures was first raised by your
Question, and CCAMP is grateful for the questions and discussion that led
to the production of this RFC.

Best regards,
Adrian Farrel and Kireeti Kompella