Subject: Proposal to kill Tunnel Trace

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 13:33:08 +0100

Hi, 

Notwithstanding the reasonably mature state of
draft-ietf-ccamp-tunproto-01 there appears to be zero support in the
community to complete the work, and more importantly to implement it. 

So, although we have a requirements RFC and a charter action for this
work, I am proposing that we kill this I-D (or at least let it expire
peacefully). 

We have discussed this amongst the authors and ADs and have agreement, but I 
need to offer you the opportunity to comment against (or for) this proposal. 

Be aware that if you are in favor of keeping this work alive, you will need 
to commit to work on the draft, and also to implement it. 

We can assume that if/when people start to implement and deploy
hierarchical LSPs in earnest they may come back and resurrect the I-D. 

If any of you objects to this (for example, you know of imminent plans to
implement, or deployments that will really need this work), then please
speak up now. 

Thanks,
Adrian