Subject: Incoming liaison from ITU-T SG13 on L1VPNs

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 12:51:26 +0100

Hi,

I have just received the following liaison from ITU-T Study Group 13.

The pdf version of the liaison can be found at incoming liaisons page of
the alternate CCAMP web site. http://www.olddog.co.uk/ccamp.htm

The liaison will find its way onto the IETF's liaison pages when the
Secretariat have processed it.

Since the liaison is for action, we can expect to respond with a statement
of our progress on L1VPNs.

Cheers,
Adrian

=======

From: Marco Carugi, Rapporteur of ITU-T SG13 Question 2
To: IETF Routing Area CCAMP Working Group
Subject: L1VPN related work collaboration
For: Action
Deadline: 29th August 2005

SG 13 would like to thank the IETF CCAMP WG for your liaison replies in
the area of L1VPNs, informing us about your recent progress on this
subject, as well as the new mailing list creation. Thank you for your
review of the ITU-T documents on service level requirements and framework
for L1VPNs, now published as Y.1312 (Layer 1 Virtual Private Network
Generic Requirements and Architecture Elements) and Y.1313 (Layer 1
Virtual Private Network service and network architectures).

We are aware that these service level requirements and framework have been
summarized in the Internet-Draft draft-takeda-l1vpn-framework, and that
work is ongoing in the IETF community to assess the suitability of
existing IETF protocols to meet the requirements within the context of the
framework. We appreciate and would definitely like to continue our
collaboration with the IETF on this subject so that, following the
analysis of the suitability of the existing IETF protocols for L1VPN
service delivery, any necessary protocol extensions are appropriately
accomplished within the IETF.

Please continue to keep us informed about your progress in the area of
L1VPNs.

Our next meeting is planned for August 25 - September 9 2005 in Geneva.