Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ccamp-loose-path-reopt-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 15:52:31 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Reoptimization of Multiprotocol Label Switching
		          (MPLS) Traffic Engineering (TE) loosely routed 
			  Label Switch Path (LSP)
	Author(s)	: J. Vasseur, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ccamp-loose-path-reopt-01.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2005-5-25
	
This document defines a mechanism for the reoptimization of loosely 
   routed MPLS and GMPLS (Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching) 
   Traffic Engineering LSPs. A loosely routed LSP is defined as one 
   that does not contain a full explicit route identifying each LSR 
   along the path of the LSP at the time it is signaled by the ingress 
   LSR. Such an LSP is signaled with no ERO, with an ERO that contains 
   at least one loose hop, or with an ERO that contains an abstract 
   node that is not a simple abstract node (that is, an abstract node 
   that identifies more than one LSR). This document proposes a 
   mechanism that allows a TE LSP head-end LSR to trigger a new path re-
   evaluation on every hop having a next hop defined as a loose or 
   abstract hop and a mid-point LSR to signal to the head-end LSR that a 
   better path exists (compared to the current path in use) or that the 
   TE LSP must be reoptimized because of some maintenance required on 
   the TE LSP path.   
    
   The proposed mechanism applies to the cases of intra and inter-domain 
   (IGP area or Autonomous System) packet and non-packet TE LSPs 
   following a loosely routed path.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-loose-path-reopt-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ccamp-loose-path-reopt-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-loose-path-reopt-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.