Subject: RE: Addressing doc

From: "Richard Rabbat" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 17:38:08 -0700

Hi Diego,
 
We're currently working on an update to
draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-addressing-00.txt. I was wondering if you have any
ideas w/r to your request below? Are you looking for an explanation of how
LMP could be used or simple text that highlights that LMP is one of the
protocols that could be used to do address translation between TE links and
control plane addresses?
 
Richard.

-----Original Message-----
From: Diego Caviglia [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 8:42 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: ""'ccamp'" <ccamp"; ""'Kohei Shiomoto'" <shiomoto.kohei"; ""'Rajiv
Papneja'" <rpapneja"
Subject: RE: Addressing doc

Richiard, 
                     IMHO also a section (or sub-section) dedicated to LMP
usage could be very useful in order to clarify how LMP can help in
addressing resolution. 

BR 

D 

Sent by:        [email-masked] 

To:        "'ccamp'" <[email-masked]> 
cc:        "'Kohei Shiomoto'" <[email-masked]>, "'Richard
Rabbat'" <[email-masked]>, "'Rajiv Papneja'"
<[email-masked]> 

Subject:        RE: Addressing doc 

Hi all, 
  
The editors have been having various discussions  with people about some
oftheir issues  with this draft. In order to clarify a some  points here are
some of thechanges that  we plan tomake to the next version  of the draft.
We hope thiswill help  to clarify the draft. 
  
1. In section 4.2.1,  previous text: 
   Alternatively, the tunnel end point  address MAY also be set to the
destination data plane address if the  ingress knows that address or the TE
Router ID. 
New  text: 
   Alternatively, the tunnel end point address MAY  also be set to
thedestination data plane  address if the ingress knows that address. 
  
2. In section 4.2.2 previous text: 
   Alternatively,  the tunnel sender address MAY also be set to thesender
data plane address or the TE Router ID. 
New  text: 
   Alternatively, the tunnel sender address MAY also  be set to thesender
data plane  address. 
  
3. at the end of the introduction, we will add  wording to the last line to
that effect: 
Various more complex deployment scenarios can be  constructed but these are
currently out of scope as the only GMPLS implementations encountered
ininteroperability testing or in deployment have  applied this relationship.
Whennew  implementations that include any other relationship between
controlplane and data plane entities are encountered,  this document would
beenhanced as  necessary.