Subject: Liaison to ITU-T Q14/15 on The Evaluation of IETF Routing Protocols in the Context of ASON

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 22:46:19 +0100

To: Kam Lam, Rapporteur of ITU-T Question 14/15
From: Adrian Farrel and Kireeti Kompella, IETF CCAMP Co-Chairs
Subject: The Evaluation of IETF Routing Protocols in the Context of ASON
Routing Requirements
For: Action
Deadline: 30th May 2005

Dear Kam,

As you will be aware a Design Team has been working to evaluate the
existing IP-based routing protocols with a view to discovering their
applicability to the requirements of the ASON architecture and
establishing what, if any, protocol extensions are required. This design
team operates under the umbrella of the CCAMP working group within the
IETF and is made up of people drawn equally from the IETF and ITU-T
communities.

The purpose of this liaison is to make you aware of the progress of the
Design Team, and to solicit input from Q14/15 in the form of review
feedback on the latest output of the Design Team which can be found at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ason-routing-eval-00.txt.

The CCAMP working group will soon consider collaborating with other IETF
working groups within the Routing Area to provide adequate solutions for
the identified ASON routing capabilities.

Best regards,
Adrian Farrel and Kireeti Kompella