Subject: RFC 4258 on Requirements for Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) Routing for the Automatically Switched Optical Network (ASON)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 18:07:12 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4258

        Title:      Requirements for Generalized Multi-Protocol Label
                    Switching (GMPLS) Routing for the Automatically
                    Switched Optical Network (ASON)
        Author(s):  D. Brungard, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       November 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 48558
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ason-routing-reqts-05.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4258.txt

The Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) suite of
protocols has been defined to control different switching
technologies as well as different applications.  These include support
for requesting Time Division Multiplexing (TDM) connections including
Synchronous Optical Network (SONET)/Synchronous Digital Hierarchy
(SDH) and Optical Transport Networks (OTNs).

This document concentrates on the routing requirements placed on the
GMPLS suite of protocols in order to support the capabilities and
functionalities of an Automatically Switched Optical Network (ASON)
as defined by the ITU-T.

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane
Working Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.