Subject: RFC 4428 on Analysis of Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS)-based Recovery Mechanisms (including Protection and Restoration)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 16:28:15 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4428

        Title:      Analysis of Generalized Multi-Protocol Label 
                    Switching (GMPLS)-based Recovery Mechanisms 
                    (including Protection and Restoration) 
        Author:     D. Papadimitriou, Ed., 
                    E. Mannie, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       March 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      47
        Characters: 118749
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-recovery-analysis-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4428.txt

This document provides an analysis grid to evaluate, compare, and
contrast the Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS)
protocol suite capabilities with the recovery mechanisms currently
proposed at the IETF CCAMP Working Group.  A detailed analysis of each
of the recovery phases is provided using the terminology defined in
RFC 4427.  This document focuses on transport plane survivability and
recovery issues and not on control plane resilience and related
aspects.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...