Subject: Business project/ Representative

From: "Mr.Q Wang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 11:16:19 -0400 (EDT)

Business project/ Representative

Qin Wang
Lloyds TSB Pacific Limited
Hong Kong Branch
Two Exchange Square
Central, Hong Kong
Tel/Fax: +852-301-57932
http://www.lloydstsb.com.hk

Thank you for giving me your time, it is of great importance for you to
take care and understand every word which I have written down below;
please be patient and read my email.

I am a staff of Lloyds TSB Group Plc here in Hong Kong attached in Private
Banking Services. I am contacting you concerning a customer and an
investment placed under our banks management; as a matter of fact it was 3
years ago. I would respectfully request that you keep the contents of this
mail private and also to kindly respect the integrity of the information
you come by as a result of this email.

I contacted you independently of our investigation and no one is informed
of this communication; I would like to intimate you with certain facts
that I believe would be of interest to you.In 2000, the subject matter;
Ref: FI/TSB/957/048/0532 came to our bank to engage in business
discussions with our Private Banking Services Department. He informed us
that he had a financial portfolio of 11.37 million United States Dollars,
which he wished to have us turn over (invest) on his behalf. I was the
officer assigned to his case; I made numerous suggestions in line with my
duties as the de-facto chief operations officer of the Private Banking
Services Department, especially given the volume of funds he wished to put
into our bank. We met on numerous occasions prior to any investments being
placed, and however I encouraged him to consider various growth funds with
prime ratings. The favored route in my advice to customers is to start by
assessing data on 600 traditional stocks and bond managers and 200
managers of alternative investments. Based on my advice, we spun the money
around various opportunities and made attractive margins for our first
months of operation, the accrued profit with interest included, stood at
this point at over 13.2 million United States Dollars, this margin was not
the full potential of the fund but he desired low risk guaranteed returns
on investments. In mid 2001, he asked that the money be liquidated because
he needed to make an urgent investment requiring cash payments in Europe.
He directed that I liquidate the funds and had it deposited with a firm in
Europe.

I informed him that our bank would have to make special arrangements to
have this done and in order not to circumvent due process, the bank would
have to make a 9.5 % deduction from the funds to cater for banking and
statutory charges. He complained about the charges but later came around
when I explained to him the complexities of the task he was asking of us.
Cash movement across borders has become especially strict since the
incidents of 9/11. I contacted my affiliate in Europe and had the funds
available in mainland Europe, I undertook all the processes and made sure
I followed his precise instructions to the letter and had the funds
deposited in a security consultancy firm, the firm is a specialist private
firm that accepts deposits from high net worth individuals and blue chip
corporations that handle valuable products or undertake transactions that
need immediate access to cash. This small and highly private organization
is familiar especially to the highly placed and well-connected
organizations. In line with instructions, the money was deposited; he told
me he wanted the money there in anticipation of his arrival from Norway
later that week. This was the last communication we had, this transpired
around February 25th 2002. In June last year, we got a call from the
security firm informing us of the inactivity of that particular portfolio.
This was an astounding position as far as I was concerned, given the fact
that I managed the private banking sector I was the only one who knew
about the deposit, and I could not understand why he had not come forward
to claim his deposit.I made futile efforts to locate him I immediately
passed the task of locating him to the internal investigations department
of our bank. Four days later, information started to trickle in, that he
was apparently dead, a person who suited his description was declared dead
of a heart attack in Cannes, South of France; we were soon enough able to
gather more information and the cause of death was confirmed. The bank
immediately launched an investigation into possible surviving next of kin
to alert about the situation and also to come forward to claim his estate.
If you are familiar with private banking affairs, those who patronize our
services usually prefer anonymity, but also some levels of detachment from
conventional processes. In his bio-data form, he listed no next of kin. In
the field of private banking, opening an account with us means no one will
know of its existence, accounts are rarely held under a name; depositors
use numbers and codes to make the accounts anonymous. This bank also gives
the choice to depositors of having their mail sent to them or held at the
bank itself, ensuring that there are no traces of the account and as I
said, rarely do they nominate next of kin. Private banking clients apart
from not nominating next of kin also usually in most cases leave wills in
our care, in this case; he died in testate.

In line with our internal processes for account holders who have passed
away, we instituted our own investigations in good faith to determine who
should have right to claim the estate, this investigation for several
months were futile. We have scanned every continent and used our private
investigation affiliate companies to get to the root of the problem. It is
this investigation that resulted in my decision to obtain your contact
details and contact you, being as a foreigner or rather non-Asian, as a
potential benefactor of the estate even if you are in no way affiliated
with this individual (the deceased).My official capacity dictates that I
am the only party to supervise the investigation and the only party to
receive the results of the investigation. What this means, with you being
a foreigner, I have considered the fact that our dear late fellow died
with no known or identifiable family member.

This leaves me as the only person with the full picture of what the
prevailing situation is in relation to the deposit and the late
beneficiary of the deposit. According to practice, the firm will by the
end of this financial year broadcast a request for statements of claim to
our bank, failing to receive viable claims they will most probably revert
the deposit back to our bank. This will result in the money entering our
bank's accounting system and the portfolio will be out of my hands and out
of the Private Banking Services Department. This will not happen if I have
my way.What I wish to relate to you might be a smack of unethical practice
but I want you to understand something; it is only an outsider to the
banking world who finds the internal politics of the banking world
aberrational. The world of private banking especially is fraught with huge
rewards for those who occupy certain offices and oversee certain
portfolios; you should have begun by now to put together the general
direction of what I propose. There is USD$ 11,991,674 deposited, I alone
have the deposit details and they will release the deposit to no one
unless I instruct them to do so.I alone know of the existence of this
deposit for as far as the finance firm is concerned, the transaction with
our deceased customer concluded when I sent the funds to the firm, all
outstanding interactions in relation to the file are just customer
services and due process. The finance firm has no single idea of what's
the history or nature of the deposit, they are simply awaiting
instructions to release the deposit to any party that comes forward, and
this is the situation.

This bank has spent great amounts of money trying to track the family of
the deceased; they have investigated for months and have found no family
but however the investigation has come to an end. My proposal; I am
prepared to place you in a position to instruct the finance firm to
release the deposit to you as the closest surviving relation. Upon receipt
of the deposit, I am prepared to share the money with you in half and no
more; that is: I will simply nominate you as the next of kin and have them
release the deposit to you; afterwards we share the proceeds 50/50.I would
have gone ahead to ask the funds be released to me, but that would have
drawn a straight line to me and my involvement in claiming the deposit,
but on the other hand, you as a indifferent foreigner would easily pass as
the beneficiary with the rights to claim, I assure you that I could have
the deposit released to you in a few days. I will simply inform our bank
of the final closing of the file relating to the customer, I will then
officially communicate with the finance company and instruct them to
release the deposit to you; with these two things: all is done. The
alternative would be for us to have the firm direct the funds to another
bank with you as account holder, this way there will be no need for you to
think of receiving the money from the firm.

We can fine-tune this based on our interactions, I am aware of the
consequences of this proposal and I ask that if you find no interest in
this project that you should discard this mail. I ask also, that you do
not be vindictive or destructive, if my offer is of no appeal to you,
delete this message and forget I ever contacted you; please not destroy my
career because you do not approve of my proposal. You may not know this
but people like me who have made tidy sums out of comparable situations
run the whole private banking sector, I am not a criminal and what I do, I
do not find against good conscience, this may be hard for you to
understand, but the dynamics of my industry dictates that I make this
move. Such opportunities only come ones' way once in a lifetime. I cannot
let this chance pass me by and I hope you understand, because for once I
found myself in total control and face to face with my destiny.

These chances won't pass me by, I ask that you do not destroy my chance,
if you will not work with me please let me know, and hence move on with my
life, but do not destroy me; I am a family man and this is an occasion to
provide them with new opportunities. There is a reward for this project
and it is a task well worth undertaking, I have evaluated the risks and
the only risk I have here is from you refusing to work with me and
alerting my bank; I am the only one who knows of this situation, good
fortune will bless you and plant you into the center of relevance in my
life, let’s share the blessing.

If you find yourself interested to work with me, please contact me
specifically, through this email account ([email-masked]), if you
give me positive signals, I will initiate this process towards a
conclusion. It is necessary to inform you that under no condition should
you contact me via official channels; I will simply deny knowing you and
about this project. I repeat, I do not want you contacting me through our
official lines neither do I want you contacting me through my official
email account. Contact me only through this email address above; I do not
want any direct link between you and me. My official lines are not secure
lines as they are periodically monitored to assess our level of customer
care in line with our Total Quality Management policy, please observe this
instruction religiously.

Please, again, note I am a family man; I happily married with two kids, I
send you this mail not without a measure of fear as to what the
consequences might be, but I know within me that nothing ventured is
nothing gained and that success and riches never come easy or on a platter
of gold, this is the one truth I have learned from my private banking
clients; do not betray my confidence. If we can be of one accord, I shall
have the pleasure of meeting you after this task has been completed plan a
meeting, soon.

I await your response.

Yours Sincerely,

Qin.