Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ason-routing-ospf-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 18:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: OSPFv2 Routing Protocol Extensions for ASON Routing
	Author(s)	: D. Papadimitriou
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ason-routing-ospf-01.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2006-8-3
	
The Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) suite of protocols has been defined to 
   control different switching technologies as well as different 
   applications. These include support for requesting TDM connections 
   including SONET/SDH and Optical Transport Networks (OTNs). 
    
   This document provides the extensions of the OSPFv2 Link State 
   Routing Protocol to meet the routing requirements for an 
   Automatically Switched Optical Network (ASON) as defined by ITU-T.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ason-routing-ospf-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ason-routing-ospf-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ason-routing-ospf-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 09:59:54 +0200

this version incorporates comments received on the list, discussion during 
ietf meeting and other improvements to facilitate reading (thanks for 
people having commented publicly or privately such as to improve quality 
of the doc)

o) section 5

   . clarify processing of router_address TLV

   . clarify processing of link_id sub-TLV

o) section 6

   . re-worked structure of the text 

   . detail relationship between OSPF area and ASON RA (section 6)

   . specific section detailing import/export rules (section 6.1)

   . split discovery and selection section for downward/upward (section 
6.2.1 and section 6.2.2, resp.)

   . for the former (downward) renamed Associated Area ID as Downstream 
Associated Area ID (more suitable and prevents confusion w/ Section 6.3 
Associated Area ID sub-TLV)

   . detail scope of loop prevention (section 6.3)

   . figures have been revisited to prevent confusion with ABR 
functionality (section 6.3)

   . new section 6.4 (resiliency) 

   . new section 6.5 (adjacency)

-d.

----- Forwarded by Dimitri PAPADIMITRIOU/BE/ALCATEL on 04/08/2006 09:44 
-----

[email-masked]
04/08/2006 00:50
Please respond to internet-drafts
 
        To:     [email-masked]
        cc:     [email-masked]
        Subject:        I-D 
ACTION:draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ason-routing-ospf-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane 
Working Group of the IETF.

                 Title                           : OSPFv2 Routing Protocol 
Extensions for ASON Routing
                 Author(s)               : D. Papadimitriou
                 Filename                : 
draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ason-routing-ospf-01.txt
                 Pages                           : 0
                 Date                            : 2006-8-3

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the 
message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
                 "get draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ason-routing-ospf-01.txt".

Send a message to:
                 [email-masked].
In the body type:
                 "FILE 
/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ason-routing-ospf-01.txt".
 
NOTE:            The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
                 MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use 
this
                 feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the 
"FILE"
                 command.  To decode the response(s), you will need 
"munpack" or
                 a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant 
mail readers
                 exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
                 "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been 
split
                 up into multiple messages), so check your local 
documentation on
                 how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
ftp://[email-masked]/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ason-routing-ospf-01.txt
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce