Subject: RFC 4974 on Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) RSVP-TE Signaling Extensions in Support of Calls

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 17:35:24 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4974

        Title:      Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) RSVP-TE Signaling 
                    Extensions in Support of Calls 
        Author:     D. Papadimitriou, A. Farrel
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       August 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      31
        Characters: 72000
        Updates:    RFC3473
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-rsvp-te-call-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4974.txt

In certain networking topologies, it may be advantageous to maintain
associations between endpoints and key transit points to support an
instance of a service.  Such associations are known as Calls.

A Call does not provide the actual connectivity for transmitting user
traffic, but only builds a relationship by which subsequent
Connections may be made.  In Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) such Connections
are known as Label Switched Paths (LSPs).

This document specifies how GMPLS Resource Reservation Protocol -
Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE) signaling may be used and
extended to support Calls.  These mechanisms provide full and logical
Call/Connection separation.

The mechanisms proposed in this document are applicable to any
environment (including multi-area), and for any type of interface:
packet, layer-2, time-division multiplexed, lambda, or fiber
switching.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
 Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
 status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...