Subject: Protocol Action: 'Label Switched Path Stitching with Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching Traffic Engineering (GMPLS TE)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 16:48:11 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Label Switched Path Stitching with Generalized Multiprotocol Label 
   Switching Traffic Engineering (GMPLS TE) '
   <draft-ietf-ccamp-lsp-stitching-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ross Callon and David Ward.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-lsp-stitching-06.txt

Technical Summary
 
  In certain scenarios, there may be a need to combine together several
  Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) Label Switched
  Paths (LSPs) such that a single end-to-end (e2e) LSP is realized and
  all traffic from one constituent LSP is switched onto the next LSP.
  We will refer to this as "LSP stitching", the key requirement being 
  that a constituent LSP not be allocated to more than one e2e LSP.
  The constituent LSPs will be referred to as "LSP segments" (S-LSPs).

  This document describes extensions to the existing GMPLS signaling
  protocol (RSVP-TE) to establish e2e LSPs created from from S-LSPs,
  and describes how the LSPs can be managed using the GMPLS signaling
  and routing protocols.
 
Working Group Summary
 
  no dissent reported. 
 
Protocol Quality
 
  Ross Callon has reviewed this for the IESG. 

Note to RFC Editor
 
  Arthi Ayyangar's affiliation should be updated to be:

    Arthi Ayyangar
    Juniper Networks
    1194 N Mathilda Avenue 
    Sunnyvale, CA  94089  
    email: [email-masked]