Subject: Draft liaison #5 - ITU-T Optical Transport Networks Work Plan

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 14:40:51 +0100

Hi,

In June this year, the ITU-T Study Group 15 sent us a revised copy of their 
work plan for Optical Transport Network topics. You can see their liaison 
and the work plan at 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/documents/LIAISON/file451.doc. You can cut 
straight to the work plan at 
http://www.itu.int/dms_pub/itu-t/oth/09/01/T09010000010001MSWE.doc.

It is interesting to look through this plan to check for any overlap or 
conflict.

Table 7-1-2 is a long list of IETF drafts and RFCs that are related to the 
work being done by SG15. In addition to periodic emails to notify SG15 of 
new RFCs, we also comment on the content of this table from time to time.

At the moment I can see nothing in the work plan that requires immediate 
comment, but please check for yourselves if you are interested or concerned.

Otherwise, I will send the following simple liaison on 18th August.

Thanks,
Adrian

===

To: ITU-T Q3/15
From: IETF CCAMP and PCE working groups
In response
Subject: Your OTNT Work Plan

Thank you for continuing to share your OTNT work plan through your liaison 
from your June plenary in Geneva. I have made the IETF's CCAMP and PCE 
working groups aware of the work plan, and at this time we do not have any 
issues or concerns to raise resulting from the content of the plan.

Please note that the publication of new RFCs related to the optical control 
plane are notified to SG15 through separate liaisons from time to time, and 
you may wish to update table 7-1-2 accordingly. Please keep us informed as 
your work plan evolves.

Best regards,
Adrian Farrel
IETF Liaison to the ITU-T SG15 on Optical Control Plane