Subject: Materials for Semi-Formal WSON meeting today...

From: Greg Bernstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 09:54:27 -0600

Hi folks interested in WSON in Minneapolis, we've got the Ramsey Room in 
the Hilton, Tuesday (today) from 3:20PM-5:20PM for our extra WSON 
discussion session.
When I last checked this room was set up in "meeting room" 
configuration, that is, everyone around a big table. This is good for 
discussion but there wasn't a projector. Some of the slides we were 
going to use are:

Existing optical draft discussion:
http://www.grotto-networking.com/sites/default/files/WSON-Extra-Meeting-Minneapolis-Nov-2008_0.ppt

Optical Impairment:
http://www.grotto-networking.com/sites/default/files/WSON-impairments-CCAMP-MinneapolisV2.ppt
http://www.grotto-networking.com/sites/default/files/WSON-impairments-info%20CCAMP-IETF-73-V2.ppt

Please download these so you can follow along. Others with slides, 
please let folks know where to get them so folks can follow along on 
their laptops.

Also, I  highly recommend that folks go to the ITU-T web page for the G 
series of recommendations http://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC-G/e and pickup 
the PDFs for *G.671* (characteristics of optical components and 
subsystems), *G.680* (transfer functions of optical networks elements), 
and *G.697* (optical monitoring). No excuses! these are free and you 
should have these if you are interested in optical impairments.

Regards

Greg

-- 
===================================================
Dr Greg Bernstein, Grotto Networking (510) 573-2237

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 16:08:16 -0000

Hi Greg,

Thanks for taking care of this.

Just for the record...

The meeting isn't really "semi-formal." That is, it is not an IETF meeting, 
but a meeting of co-authors and interested parties.

Cheers,
Adrian
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Greg Bernstein" <[email-masked]>
To: "Wson (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>; "ccamp" 
<[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 3:54 PM
Subject: Materials for Semi-Formal WSON meeting today...

---

From: Greg Bernstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 10:22:25 -0600

Whoops, sorry about that, I meant "semi-*informal*". This is not an IETF 
meeting, but an somewhat organized meeting of co-authors and interested 
parties.

Thanks

Greg

Adrian Farrel wrote:
> The meeting isn't really "semi-formal." That is, it is not an IETF 
> meeting, but a meeting of co-authors and interested parties.
>
> Cheers,
> Adrian
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Greg Bernstein" 
> <[email-masked]>