Subject: [CCAMP] LMP RFC4204

From: Vishwas Manral <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 12:49:10 -0700

Hi,

The Link Property Correlation (LPC) happens before the Link
Connectivity verification (LCV) procedure. The LCV seems like a
mechanisms by which we can learn the remote Interface_ID's.

However the RFC states that:

   If the LinkSummary message is received from a remote node, and the
   Interface_Id mappings match those that are stored locally, then the
   two nodes have agreement on the Verification procedure (see Section
   5) and data link identification configuration.

What does it mean to be in agreement on the verification procedure?
Does it mean only after LPC success we do not have to do the LCV (as
property verification is already done)?

It also states that:

   If the verification procedure is not used, the LinkSummary message
can be used to verify agreement on manual configuration.

So what configuration should not be verified when the Verification
procedure is used?

Thanks,
Vishwas