Subject: [CCAMP] LMP RFC4204

From: Vishwas Manral <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 11:51:15 -0700

Hi,

I am a bit confused about the statement below:

"An LMP implementation SHOULD be able to fragment when transmitting
LMP messages, and MUST be able to re-assemble IP fragments when
receiving LMP messages."

Does this mean that IP fragmentaion and reassembly will take care of
the bigger then MTU messages, or does it mean LMP needs to do the
same? If the latter how do we identify different messages which are
part of the same message.

Thanks,
Vishwas

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 15:07:10 -0400

IMO fragment = "use IP fragmentation".  I think this is clear from the
context given the reassembly requirement. If it was LMP "semantic
fragmentation", I'd expect a bit more discussion on the topic.

Lou

On 10/6/2009 2:51 PM, Vishwas Manral wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> CCAMP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ccamp
> 
> 
>

---

From: Vishwas Manral <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 12:12:52 -0700

Hi Lou,

Then in my perspective it is not the LMP doing the fragmentation, it
is the IP doing the fragmentation.

I am ok as long as we mean IP fragmentation and Reassembly!!

Thanks for your quick reply,
Vishwas