Subject: [CCAMP] I-D Action:draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-impairments-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 10:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : A Framework for the Control of Wavelength Switched Optical Networks (WSON) with Impairments
	Author(s)       : G. Bernstein
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-impairments-01.txt
	Pages           : 35
	Date            : 2009-10-22

The operation of optical networks requires information on the 
physical characterization of optical network elements, subsystems, 
devices, and cabling. These physical characteristics may be important 
to consider when using a GMPLS control plane to support path setup 
and maintenance. This document discusses how the definition and 
characterization of optical fiber, devices, subsystems, and network 
elements contained in various ITU-T recommendations can be combined 
with GMPLS control plane protocols and mechanisms to support 
Impairment Aware Routing and Wavelength Assignment (IA-RWA) in 
optical networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-impairments-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.