Subject: [CCAMP] Protocol Action: 'Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Data Channel Switching Capable (DCSC) and Channel Set Label Extensions' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 07:32:13 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Data Channel Switching Capable (DCSC) and 
   Channel Set Label Extensions '
   <draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-dcsc-channel-ext-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Ross Callon.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-dcsc-channel-ext-04.txt

Technical Summary

   This document describes two technology-independent extensions to
   Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching. The first extension
   defines the new switching type Data Channel Switching Capable. Data
   Channel Switching Capable interfaces are able to support switching of
   the whole digital channel presented on single channel interfaces.
   The second extension defines a new type of generalized label and
   updates related objects. The new label is called the Generalized
   Channel_Set Label and allows more than one data plane label to be
   controlled as part of an LSP.

Working Group Summary

   Nothing to report.

Document Quality

   There are no known implementations, but it is expected that several
   vendors plan to implement.

Personnel

   Deborah Brungard ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd.
   Adrian Farrel ([email-masked]) is the Responsible AD

RFC Editor Note

   RFC Editor - we suggest that you treat this I-D as part of a cluster
   including the following five documents.

   draft-ietf-ccamp-ethernet-traffic-parameters
   draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-dcsc-channel-ext
   draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ether-svcs
   draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-mef-uni
   draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-mln-extensions

IANA Note

  IANA please note the requested update to IANAGmplsSwitchingTypeTC at
  http://www.iana.org/assignments/ianagmplstc-mib