Subject: [CCAMP] clarification on poll to accept lsp-ping/bfd draft(s) as working group document(s)

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 20:27:59 +0100

Working Group(s)

Two drafts are being progressed in the MPLS Working Group now:

draft-nitinb-mpls-tp-lsp-ping-bfd-procedures
and
draft-asm-mpls-tp-bfd-cc-cv

This note is intended to clarify the relationship between these drafts.

Draft-nintinb addresses the problem of running BFD as it is currently
defined for MPLS, this obviously has aspects that are relevant to
packet transport networks.

Draft-asm is intended to meet all the requirements in the MPLS-TP
OAM Requirements.

It turns out that the two drafts are closer than we earlier anticipated
and there is a bit of overlap. This will not stop us from progressing
both drafts, but it introduces a new need for coordination between the
two author teams.

/Loa

-- 

Loa Andersson                         email: [email-masked]
Sr Strategy and Standards Manager            [email-masked]
Ericsson Inc                          phone: +46 10 717 52 13
                                              +46 767 72 92 13