Subject: [CCAMP] Protocol Action: 'RSVP-TE Signaling Extension For Management Plane To Control Plane LSP Handover In A GMPLS Enabled Transport Network.' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 07:27:49 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'RSVP-TE Signaling Extension For Management Plane To Control Plane LSP 
   Handover In A GMPLS Enabled Transport Network. '
   <draft-ietf-ccamp-pc-spc-rsvpte-ext-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Ross Callon.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-pc-spc-rsvpte-ext-07.txt

Technical Summary

   This memo describes an extension to Generalized Multi-Protocol
   Label Switching signaling that enables the transfer of connection
   ownership between the Management and the Control Planes. Such a
   transfer is referred to as a Handover. This document defines all
   Handover related procedures. This includes the handling of failure
   conditions and subsequent rversion to original state. A basic
   premise of the extension is that the handover procedures must never
   impact an already established data plane.

Working Group Summary

   This document received adequate attention and discussion in its early
   revisions. The document has been laregly stable for quite some time,
   mainly needing revisions as part of the publication process.

Document Quality

   There have been no public statements related to intent to implement, 
   but it is expected that some/all of the primary Authors plan to 
   implement.

Personnel

   Lou Berger is the Document Shepherd for this document.
   Adrian Farrel is the Responsible Area Director.