Subject: [CCAMP] Provision mode of associated bidirectional LSP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 10:44:03 +0800

Hi all,

During the meeting, Lou suggested to add one section to explicitly address 
the provision mode of assocaited bidirectional LSP. Assume that we need to 
bind LSP1 (from A to Z) and LSP2 (from Z to A) together, it means that we 
need to describe the sequence of establishing LSPs. In order words, is 
LSP1 and LSP2 are triggered concurrently at nodes A and Z; or LSP1 is 
established firstly, then LSP2 is triggered by LSP1. But it will take out 
an old quesion (the discussions around RFC4872), which mode is the widely 
deployed mode, do we need to address this point? By the way, the schemes 
described in this documents include both of these two scenarios. 

Another comments from Lou is that there is no need to limit the 
association ID to be LSP ID plus Tunnel ID, a value that uniquely 
identifies the set of LSPs is OK. Within the context of the Association 
Source field (tunnel sender address), the Association ID composed by 
Tunnel ID and LSP ID is unique, so maybe we can say this is recommended, 
but not limited to.

Any other comments?

Thanks,

Fei and George