Subject: [CCAMP] Updates of WG documents: RWA Info and RWA WSON Encode

From: Greg Bernstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 09:35:03 -0800

Hello CCAMPers and particularly those interested in WSON.  Based on 
comments we have received off the list we have updated these two 
documents in preparation for last call:

draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-info-10: clarified the way that the resource pool 
is modeled from blocks of identical resources.

draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-wson-encode-08:  Enhanced text to clarify 
relationship between pools, blocks and resources. Deleted reference to 
previously removed RBNF element.

Note that these changes are strictly editorial in nature. With the 
resolution of a high level TLV strategy for OSPF extensions we feel that 
these documents are ready for last call.  If you feel that you have a 
mainstream WSON system that cannot be modeled by these documents please 
send an example to this list for all to study.

Best Regards

Greg & Young

-- 
===================================================
Dr Greg Bernstein, Grotto Networking (510) 573-2237

---

From: "PELOSO, PIERRE (PIERRE)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 18:10:31 +0100

Hi Greg,

I welcome the editorial clarifications you achieved in these documents.
But I would like to be sure of understanding everything properly:

In section 5 of draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-info-10, we can read:
   "For modeling purposes and encoding efficiency we group identical
   processing resources such as regenerators or wavelength converters
   with identical accessibility properties into "blocks". The resource
   pool model is composed of one or more resource blocks where the
   accessibility to and from any resource within a block is the same. "

I was wondering whether the last appearance of "block" was not to be read "pool" (4 words before the end of the quote).

- p

-----Message d'origine-----
De : [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] De la part de Greg Bernstein
Envoyé : mardi 1 mars 2011 18:35
À : [email-masked]
Objet : [CCAMP] Updates of WG documents: RWA Info and RWA WSON Encode

Hello CCAMPers and particularly those interested in WSON.  Based on comments we have received off the list we have updated these two documents in preparation for last call:

draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-info-10: clarified the way that the resource pool is modeled from blocks of identical resources.

draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-wson-encode-08:  Enhanced text to clarify relationship between pools, blocks and resources. Deleted reference to previously removed RBNF element.

Note that these changes are strictly editorial in nature. With the resolution of a high level TLV strategy for OSPF extensions we feel that these documents are ready for last call.  If you feel that you have a mainstream WSON system that cannot be modeled by these documents please send an example to this list for all to study.

Best Regards

Greg & Young

_______________________________________________
CCAMP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ccamp

---

From: Greg Bernstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2011 09:24:31 -0800

Hi Pierre, the last appearance of "block" in that sentence is meant to 
be "block".
The containment hierarchy is:  A Pool contains Blocks. Blocks contain 
individual resources (with identical properties).
This model allows one to specify (a) resource property information for 
all resources within a block (since they are identical) and (b) the 
ingress/egress connectivity to/from a block (since we require all 
resources within the block to have the same connectivity to the outside 
world).
Note that one can have a block with only one resource in it.  Example 
A.1 in the appendix shows a case like this (only two resources in the 
pool and each with different accessibility so they cannot be combined 
into a single block).

Cheers

Greg
On 3/3/2011 9:10 AM, PELOSO, PIERRE (PIERRE) wrote:
> Greg&  Young