Subject: [CCAMP] I-D Action:draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-signaling-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 08:30:06 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Signaling Extensions for Wavelength Switched Optical Networks
	Author(s)       : G. Bernstein
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-signaling-01.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2011-03-14

This memo provides extensions to Generalized Multi-Protocol Label 
Switching (GMPLS) signaling for control of wavelength switched 
optical networks (WSON).  Such extensions are necessary in WSONs 
under a number of conditions including: (a) when optional processing, 
such as regeneration, must be configured to occur at specific nodes 
along a path, (b) where equipment must be configured to accept an 
optical signal with specific attributes, or (c) where equipment must 
be configured to output an optical signal with specific attributes. 
In addition this memo provides mechanisms to support distributed 
wavelength assignment with bidirectional LSPs, and choice in 
distributed wavelength assignment algorithms. These extensions build 
on previous work for the control of lambda and G.709 based networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-signaling-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.