Subject: [CCAMP] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC7139 (3930)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 15:03:58 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC7139,
"GMPLS Signaling Extensions for Control of Evolving G.709 Optical Transport Networks".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=7139&eid=3930

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Adrian Farrel <[email-masked]>

Section: 3

Original Text
-------------
   [RFC4328] describes GMPLS signaling extensions to support the control
   for the 2001 revision of the G.709 specification.  However, [RFC7096]
   does not provide the means to signal all the new Signal Types and
   related mapping and multiplexing functionalities.  Moreover, it
   supports only the deprecated auto-MSI (Multiframe Structure
   Identifier) mode, which assumes that the Tributary Port Number (TPN)
   is automatically assigned in the transmit direction and not checked
   in the receive direction.

Corrected Text
--------------
   [RFC4328] describes GMPLS signaling extensions to support the control
   for the 2001 revision of the G.709 specification.  However, as 
   described in[RFC7096], that document does not provide the means to
   signal all the new Signal Types and related mapping and multiplexing
   functionalities.  Moreover, it supports only the deprecated auto-MSI
   (Multiframe Structure Identifier) mode, which assumes that the 
   Tributary Port Number (TPN) is automatically assigned in the transmit
   direction and not checked in the receive direction.

Notes
-----
RFC 7096 is the analysis of pre-existing GMPLS signalling. It does not contain any protocol extensions itself, but looks at the mechanisms provided in RFC 4328.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC7139 (draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-signaling-g709v3-12)
--------------------------------------
Title               : GMPLS Signaling Extensions for Control of Evolving G.709 Optical Transport Networks
Publication Date    : March 2014
Author(s)           : F. Zhang, Ed., G. Zhang, S. Belotti, D. Ceccarelli, K. Pithewan
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Common Control and Measurement Plane
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG