Subject: [CCAMP] Alia Atlas' No Objection on draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-signaling-12: (with COMMENT)

From: "Alia Atlas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 12:29:41 -0700

Alia Atlas has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-signaling-12: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-signaling/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm a bit startled that the WavelengthSelection sub-TLV has a used value
of 8 bits (really 1 bit plus a handful of the 127 values) but has a
length of 4 which thus forces 2 octets of padding.   I expect that there
are implementations and this isn't a flaw - just wasteful.

---

From: Leeyoung <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 21:13:37 +0000

Hi Alia,

Thanks for providing your comment. I think it has been typical in GMPLS to give a sub-TLV a unit of 32-bit field. Unfortunately, with this, we had to give away another 2 bytes of padding. 

Thanks,
Young

---

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 19:25:22 -0400

Hi Young,

Yes,  I had forgotten that.  Thanks for the reminder.

Alia
On May 27, 2015 5:13 PM, "Leeyoung" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi Alia,
>
> Thanks for providing your comment. I think it has been typical in GMPLS to
> give a sub-TLV a unit of 32-bit field. Unfortunately, with this, we had to
> give away another 2 bytes of padding.
>
> Thanks,
> Young
>
>
>