Subject: [CCAMP] Microwave Radio Link YANG Data Models

From: Jonas Ahlberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 19:59:39 +0000

Hi all,

At IETF 95 on Monday April 4th, 14:50, there will be a presentation about a Microwave Radio Link Yang Model.

The draft was unfortunately not properly uploaded in due time and there is therefore no link to the document in the CCAMP Agenda For IETF 95.
I've instead used the CCAMP mailing list to reach out with the draft to all of you.

The purpose of the draft is to provide a (starting point for a) standardized YANG model for configuration, status and statistics for the radio link interface in a microwave node.
There is a similar activity to standardize a model for microwave in ONF, but the major differences are:

*         We believe that there are clear benefits to augment the YANG Model for Interface Management [RFC 7223]<http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7223.txt> and thereby use the same structure for radio  link as for most other interfaces in microwave node

*         Our intention is to cover a selected set of key parameters which we believe are enough for managing the core parts of a radio link and leave out the product/implementation specific parameters. If required, they can always be added as a vendor specific model augmenting the standardized radio link model.

I will share more info in my presentation at IETF 95.

Regards
Jonas Ahlberg

---

From: t.petch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 09:29:22 +0000

Jonas

When I open, save or do anything I can do with your attachment, I get

....
termination'";        description          "Addition of data nodes for
carrier termination to the           standard Interface data model, for
interfaces of the type           'carrier-termination'.";        leaf
carrier-id {          type string;          default "A";  Ahlberg,
Carlson, Lund ExpiressSeptember 10, 2016              [Page 10] 
Internet-Draft             Microwave RL YANG                  March 2016
description            "ID of the carrier. (e.g. A, B, C or D)
Used in XPIC & MIMO configurations to check that the             carrier
termination is connected to the correct far-end             carrier
termination. Should be the same carrier ID on             both sides of
the hop.             Defaulted when not MIMO or XPIC.";        }
leaf tx-frequency {          type uint32;          units "kHz";
default "0";          description            "Selected transmitter
frequency.";        }        l

...

I know YANG is not easy to read but this is a bridge too far.  You might
say that it was "unfortunately not properly uploaded ".

Perhaps you could put it on a web site and provide a URL thereto, ftp:
perhaps.

Tom Petch

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonas Ahlberg" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2016 7:59 PM

Hi all,

At IETF 95 on Monday April 4th, 14:50, there will be a presentation
about a Microwave Radio Link Yang Model.

The draft was unfortunately not properly uploaded in due time and there
is therefore no link to the document in the CCAMP Agenda For IETF 95.
I've instead used the CCAMP mailing list to reach out with the draft to
all of you.

The purpose of the draft is to provide a (starting point for a)
standardized YANG model for configuration, status and statistics for the
radio link interface in a microwave node.
There is a similar activity to standardize a model for microwave in ONF,
but the major differences are:

*         We believe that there are clear benefits to augment the YANG
Model for Interface Management [RFC
7223]<http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7223.txt> and thereby use the
same structure for radio  link as for most other interfaces in microwave
node

*         Our intention is to cover a selected set of key parameters
which we believe are enough for managing the core parts of a radio link
and leave out the product/implementation specific parameters. If
required, they can always be added as a vendor specific model augmenting
the standardized radio link model.

Regards
Jonas Ahlberg

------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------

> _______________________________________________
> CCAMP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ccamp
>

---

From: Jonas Ahlberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 14:02:55 +0000

Hi again,
I've understood that some of you have had difficulties to open/read the attached text file in my first mail and I'm therefore sending you a version in PDF-format. The date in the header & footer has been changed by the tool I used to generate the pdf-file, but otherwise the content is identical with the text file.

Regards
JonasA
From: CCAMP [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Jonas Ahlberg
Sent: den 23 mars 2016 21:00
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [CCAMP] Microwave Radio Link YANG Data Models

Hi all,

Regards
Jonas Ahlberg