Subject: [CCAMP] Request comments for FlexE fwk & signaling drafts.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 16:43:34 +0800

Hi all,

Based on the FlexE progress in OIF, I proposed two drafts to describe the 
control plane architecture and signaling of FlexE recently.

Flex Ethernet (FlexE) technology, which is defined by Optical 
Internetworking Forum (OIF), is a new kind of data plane technology and 
can be used to provides a generic mechanism for supporting a variety of 
Ethernet MAC rates that may or may not correspond to any existing Ethernet 
PHY rate. This includes MAC rates that are both greater than (through 
bonding) and less than (through sub-rate and channelization) the Ethernet 
PHY rates used to carry FlexE.

Currently, the Ethernet PHY used by FlexE is 100 GE PHY. Every PHY is 
modeled by the FlexE shim as 20 slots. Each slot has a granularity of 5G.

The framework draft depicts the layer model of Flex Ethernet as well as a 
set of associated control-plane requirements.
The signaling draft describes the RSVP-TE protocol extensions to support 
the set up of a FlexE path.

Any comments are welcomed.

Link: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wang-ccamp-flexe-fwk/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wang-ccamp-flexe-signaling/

Thanks 
Qilei