Subject: [CCAMP] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ccamp-ospf-availability-extension-07.txt> (OSPF-TE Link Availability Extension for Links with Variable Discrete Bandwidth) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2016 14:33:24 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Common Control and Measurement
Plane WG (ccamp) to consider the following document:
- 'OSPF-TE Link Availability Extension for Links with Variable Discrete
   Bandwidth'
  <draft-ietf-ccamp-ospf-availability-extension-07.txt> as Proposed
Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-10-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   A network may contain links with variable discrete bandwidth, e.g.,
   copper, radio, etc. The bandwidth of such links may change
   discretely in reaction to changing external environment.
   Availability is typically used for describing such links during
   network planning. This document introduces an optional ISCD
   Availability sub-TLV to extend the Generalized Multi-Protocol Label
   Switching (GMPLS) Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) routing protocol.
   This extension can be used for route computation in a network that
   contains links with variable discrete bandwidth. Note, this document
   only covers the mechanisms by which the availability information is
   distributed. The mechanisms by which availability information of a
   link is determined and the use of the distributed information for
   route computation are outside the scope of this document.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-ospf-availability-extension/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-ospf-availability-extension/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.