Subject: [CCAMP] layer 0 type versioning

From: Leeyoung <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2019 21:36:50 +0000

Hi WG,

In the Prague meeting, in regard to ietf-layer0-type, the conclusion was converged toward having a separate draft for keeping ietf-layer0-types file from WSON topology draft (similar to what te-types did for TE topology/tunnel). As Italo suggested, I think it is sound to create different versions of ietf-layer0-types while the current version can move with WSON and Flexi-grid drafts. If we need change/add new grouping/parameters in the future, we can create a new version of ietf-layer0-types (with a new date, e.g.,  ietf-layer0-types@2020-10-10) to differentiate from the last version. This way, we can manage different versions of types file and avoid drafts from getting stuck with MISSREF in the RFC Queue.

So the action is to separate ietf-layer0-types from the WSON topology draft into a separate draft with a proposed draft name:  draft-ietf-ccamp-layer0-types (once rectified by the chairs). I will publish soon the two drafts (one for WSON topo and another for layer0-types). Please let us know if you have any comment/concern on this action.

Thanks,
Young (on behalf of co-authors)

---

From: Daniele Ceccarelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2019 12:42:48 +0000

Hi Young,

Ok, please do so.

Just one question (maybe we already discussed it but I don't remember.in
that case apologies in advance): why one document for WSON topo and one for
layer0-types? In TEAS there is a single document for TE types.

Thanks,

Daniele  

From: Leeyoung <[email-masked]> 
Sent: den 8 maj 2019 23:37
To: CCAMP ([email-masked]) <[email-masked]>; Fatai Zhang
<[email-masked]>; Daniele Ceccarelli
<[email-masked]>
Subject: layer 0 type versioning

Hi WG,

In the Prague meeting, in regard to ietf-layer0-type, the conclusion was
converged toward having a separate draft for keeping ietf-layer0-types file
from WSON topology draft (similar to what te-types did for TE
topology/tunnel). As Italo suggested, I think it is sound to create
different versions of ietf-layer0-types while the current version can move
with WSON and Flexi-grid drafts. If we need change/add new
grouping/parameters in the future, we can create a new version of
ietf-layer0-types (with a new date, e.g.,  ietf-layer0-types@2020-10-10) to
differentiate from the last version. This way, we can manage different
versions of types file and avoid drafts from getting stuck with MISSREF in
the RFC Queue.

So the action is to separate ietf-layer0-types from the WSON topology draft
into a separate draft with a proposed draft name:
draft-ietf-ccamp-layer0-types (once rectified by the chairs). I will publish
soon the two drafts (one for WSON topo and another for layer0-types). Please
let us know if you have any comment/concern on this action. 

Thanks,

---

From: Leeyoung <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2019 13:39:34 +0000

Hi Daniele,

Here we are talking about one single document for layer0-types to define all groupings and data types that are used by WSON and SSON and possibly used by any other layer0 related draft such as the upcoming optical impairment draft.

Thanks.
Young

From: Daniele Ceccarelli [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, May 9, 2019 7:43 AM
To: Leeyoung <[email-masked]>; CCAMP ([email-masked]) <[email-masked]>; Fatai Zhang <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: layer 0 type versioning

Hi Young,

Ok, please do so.
Just one question (maybe we already discussed it but I don't remember...in that case apologies in advance): why one document for WSON topo and one for layer0-types? In TEAS there is a single document for TE types.

Thanks,
Daniele

From: Leeyoung <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Sent: den 8 maj 2019 23:37
To: CCAMP ([email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>) <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>; Fatai Zhang <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>; Daniele Ceccarelli <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Subject: layer 0 type versioning

Hi WG,

Thanks,

---

From: Daniele Ceccarelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2019 13:51:28 +0000

Ah ok,

I misunderstood this sentence: I will publish soon the two drafts (one for
WSON topo and another for layer0-types).

One is the actual WSON draft (that I see you've already updated). I thought
you were talking about 2 new draft. 

Great, thanks!

Daniele  

From: Leeyoung <[email-masked]> 
Sent: den 9 maj 2019 15:40
To: Daniele Ceccarelli <[email-masked]>; CCAMP
([email-masked]) <[email-masked]>; Fatai Zhang <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: layer 0 type versioning

Hi Daniele,

Here we are talking about one single document for layer0-types to define all
groupings and data types that are used by WSON and SSON and possibly used by
any other layer0 related draft such as the upcoming optical impairment
draft. 

Thanks.

Young

From: Daniele Ceccarelli [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, May 9, 2019 7:43 AM
To: Leeyoung <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; CCAMP
([email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> ) <[email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Fatai Zhang <[email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]> >
Subject: RE: layer 0 type versioning

Hi Young,

Ok, please do so.

Thanks,

Daniele  

From: Leeyoung <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> > 
Sent: den 8 maj 2019 23:37
To: CCAMP ([email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> ) <[email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Fatai Zhang <[email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Daniele Ceccarelli
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >
Subject: layer 0 type versioning

Hi WG,

Thanks,

---

From: Leeyoung <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2019 13:53:57 +0000

Hi Daniele,

Yes. I will upload layer0-types draft 00 version soon, so you and Fatai need to rectify once it is uploaded. Thanks.

Young

From: Daniele Ceccarelli [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, May 9, 2019 8:51 AM
To: Leeyoung <[email-masked]>; CCAMP ([email-masked]) <[email-masked]>; Fatai Zhang <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: layer 0 type versioning

Ah ok,

I misunderstood this sentence: I will publish soon the two drafts (one for WSON topo and another for layer0-types).
One is the actual WSON draft (that I see you've already updated). I thought you were talking about 2 new draft.

Great, thanks!

Daniele

From: Leeyoung <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Sent: den 9 maj 2019 15:40
To: Daniele Ceccarelli <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>; CCAMP ([email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>) <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>; Fatai Zhang <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Subject: RE: layer 0 type versioning

Hi Daniele,

Thanks.
Young

From: Daniele Ceccarelli [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, May 9, 2019 7:43 AM
To: Leeyoung <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>; CCAMP ([email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>) <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>; Fatai Zhang <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Subject: RE: layer 0 type versioning

Hi Young,

Ok, please do so.

Thanks,
Daniele

Hi WG,

Thanks,