Subject: [CCAMP] Reply to ETSI communication on WIM

From: Daniele Ceccarelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2019 17:27:45 +0000

TEAS, CCAMP, chairs,

I tried to put together a  first draft of the reply to the ETSI
communication. 

I would suggest to include the OPSA WG since the reply includes also the
service and network models defined there. 

Here is a preliminary proposal:

-----

The IETF TEAS and CCAMP working groups would like to thank the ETSI ISG NFV
for notifying the start of the work on multi-site connectivity services. We
acknowledge the commonalities between the WIM infrastructure manager
interfaces and the ACTN ones, in particular the CMI (CSC-MDSC) interface.
Our understanding is that the scope of the WIM interfaces is not limited to
the management of the underlay Traffic Engineered infrastructure but also
the connectivity services that can be built on top of that, like e.g. L3VPNs
and L2VPNs.

The relevant documents specifying YANG models (and related status) for the
connectivity services are:

*	L3SM - A service model for L3VPN services - RFC 8299
*	L2SM - A service model for L2VPN service - RFC 8466
*	L1CMS -
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-l1csm-yang/>
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-l1csm-yang/  stable
working group document already reviewed by YANG doctors.
*	L3NM -
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-l3sm-l3nm/>
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-l3sm-l3nm/  stable
working group document

On the other side ACTN provides guidelines for the implementation of
interfaces for the management of traffic engineered underlay infrastructure
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-actn-yang/). A wide
variety of YANG models can be used to implement various features (e.g.
calendaring, telemetry) but a minimal set of mandatory models to operate the
network is identified:

*	TE topology:
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-yang-te-topo/>
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-yang-te-topo/ - approved by
the IESG and in the editor queue
*	ACTN virtual network:
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-actn-vn-yang/>
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-actn-vn-yang/ - stable
working group document
*	TE tunnel:
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-yang-te/>
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-yang-te/ - stable working
group document

Extensions to these models are defined in the CCAMP working group to provide
technology specific extensions. TE Topology and TE tunnels augmentations are
being defined for WSON (Wavelength Switched Optical Networks), flexi grid
WSON, OTN (digital layer of the Optical Transport Network) and microwave.

In the eventuality in which the ETSI NFV ISG identifies additional
requirements that are not currently addressed in the ACTN framework
(RFC8453) and models, they can be proposed as individual contributions
either in the TEAS working group (if technology agnostic) or in the CCAMP
working group (if technology specific) and follow the IETF process. 

----

BR

Daniele

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2019 17:46:37 -0000

Daniele,

Thanks!

I like that a lot.

Adrian

From: Teas <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Daniele Ceccarelli
Sent: 14 December 2019 17:28
To: [email-masked]; CCAMP ([email-masked]) <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Teas] Reply to ETSI communication on WIM

TEAS, CCAMP, chairs,

-----

*	TE topology:

----

BR

Daniele

---

From: Jeff Tantsura <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2019 15:41:31 -0800

Looks good Daniele!

Regards,
Jeff

> On Dec 14, 2019, at 09:27, Daniele Ceccarelli <daniele.ceccarelli=[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 
> TEAS, CCAMP, chairs,
>  
> I tried to put together a  first draft of the reply to the ETSI communication.
> I would suggest to include the OPSA WG since the reply includes also the service and network models defined there.
> The IETF TEAS and CCAMP working groups would like to thank the ETSI ISG NFV for notifying the start of the work on multi-site connectivity services. We acknowledge the commonalities between the WIM infrastructure manager interfaces and the ACTN ones, in particular the CMI (CSC-MDSC) interface. Our understanding is that the scope of the WIM interfaces is not limited to the management of the underlay Traffic Engineered infrastructure but also the connectivity services that can be built on top of that, like e.g. L3VPNs and L2VPNs.
>  
> The relevant documents specifying YANG models (and related status) for the connectivity services are:
> L3SM – A service model for L3VPN services – RFC 8299
> L2SM – A service model for L2VPN service – RFC 8466
> L1CMS - https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-l1csm-yang/  stable working group document already reviewed by YANG doctors.
> L3NM – https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-l3sm-l3nm/  stable working group document
>  
> On the other side ACTN provides guidelines for the implementation of interfaces for the management of traffic engineered underlay infrastructure (https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-actn-yang/). A wide variety of YANG models can be used to implement various features (e.g. calendaring, telemetry) but a minimal set of mandatory models to operate the network is identified:
>  
> TE topology: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-yang-te-topo/ – approved by the IESG and in the editor queue
> ACTN virtual network: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-actn-vn-yang/ – stable working group document
> TE tunnel: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-yang-te/ – stable working group document
>  
> Extensions to these models are defined in the CCAMP working group to provide technology specific extensions. TE Topology and TE tunnels augmentations are being defined for WSON (Wavelength Switched Optical Networks), flexi grid WSON, OTN (digital layer of the Optical Transport Network) and microwave.
> In the eventuality in which the ETSI NFV ISG identifies additional requirements that are not currently addressed in the ACTN framework (RFC8453) and models, they can be proposed as individual contributions either in the TEAS working group (if technology agnostic) or in the CCAMP working group (if technology specific) and follow the IETF process.
> ----
> BR
> Daniele 
>  
> _______________________________________________
> Teas mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/teas

---

From: Young Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 13:39:09 +0900

+1

Thanks Daniel for a good liaison with ETSI NFV WIM.

Young

2019년 12월 15일 (일) 오전 2:46, Adrian Farrel <[email-masked]>님이 작성:

> Daniele,
>
> Thanks!
>
> I like that a lot.
>
> Adrian
>
>
>
> *From:* Teas <[email-masked]> *On Behalf Of *Daniele Ceccarelli
> *Sent:* 14 December 2019 17:28
> *To:* [email-masked]; CCAMP ([email-masked]) <[email-masked]>
> *Cc:* [email-masked]
> *Subject:* [Teas] Reply to ETSI communication on WIM
>
>
>
> TEAS, CCAMP, chairs,
>
>
>
> The IETF TEAS and CCAMP working groups would like to thank the ETSI ISG
> NFV for notifying the start of the work on multi-site connectivity
> services. We acknowledge the commonalities between the WIM infrastructure
> manager interfaces and the ACTN ones, in particular the CMI (CSC-MDSC)
> interface. Our understanding is that the scope of the WIM interfaces is not
> limited to the management of the underlay Traffic Engineered infrastructure
> but also the connectivity services that can be built on top of that, like
> e.g. L3VPNs and L2VPNs.
>
>
>
>    - L3SM – A service model for L3VPN services – RFC 8299
>    - L2SM – A service model for L2VPN service – RFC 8466
>    - L1CMS - https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-l1csm-yang/
>     stable working group document already reviewed by YANG doctors.
>    - L3NM – https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-l3sm-l3nm/
>     stable working group document
>
>
>
> calendaring, telemetry) but a minimal set of mandatory models to operate
> the network is identified:
>
>
>
>    - TE topology:
>    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-yang-te-topo/ –
>    approved by the IESG and in the editor queue
>    - ACTN virtual network:
>    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-actn-vn-yang/ –
>    stable working group document
>    - TE tunnel: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-yang-te/ –
>    stable working group document
>
>
>
> Extensions to these models are defined in the CCAMP working group to
> provide technology specific extensions. TE Topology and TE tunnels
> augmentations are being defined for WSON (Wavelength Switched Optical
> Networks), flexi grid WSON, OTN (digital layer of the Optical Transport
> Network) and microwave.
>
> CCAMP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ccamp
>