Subject: [CCAMP] layer0-types open issue created: References to L0 data plane standards should be ITU-T Recommendations

From: Dieter Beller <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2019 13:34:53 +0100

Hi all,

at the IETF 106 CCAMP session, Deborah commented on 
draft-ietf-ccamp-optical-impairment-topology-yang-02 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-optical-impairment-topology-yang/> 
that references to ITU-T Recommendations
defining the layer 0 data plane shall be added wherever meaningful. IMO, 
these comments also apply to layer0-types. Therefore, I created the open 
issue
on the CCAMP GitHub regarding layer0-types with the following description:

"There are many L0 data plane references in layer0-types to IETF RFCs. 
The standards, however, defining the L0 data plane are usually ITU-T 
Recommendations.
Example: the flex DWDM grid is defined in ITU-T Recommendation G.694.1. 
References should point directly to the standard defining the entity as 
opposed to
an IETF RFC that in turn points to the related ITU-T Recommendation."

See: https://github.com/ietf-ccamp-wg/draft-ietf-ccamp-layer0-types/issues/4

Thanks,
Dieter