Subject: [CCAMP] [ietf-ccamp-wg/draft-ietf-ccamp-optical-impairment-topology-yang] 155bf8: Update draft-ietf-ccamp-optical-impairment-topolog...

From: Dieter Beller <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2020 09:04:00 -0700

Branch: refs/heads/master
  Home:   https://github.com/ietf-ccamp-wg/draft-ietf-ccamp-optical-impairment-topology-yang
  Commit: 155bf890dbf092883b3d106629162fef94c2bf8f
      https://github.com/ietf-ccamp-wg/draft-ietf-ccamp-optical-impairment-topology-yang/commit/155bf890dbf092883b3d106629162fef94c2bf8f
  Author: Dieter Beller <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-03-08 (Sun, 08 Mar 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M I-D_in_xml/draft-ietf-ccamp-optical-impairment-topology-yang.xml

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Update draft-ietf-ccamp-optical-impairment-topology-yang.xml

  Commit: 2275630d65b946596d511e9592dfa2fc81c0f9eb
      https://github.com/ietf-ccamp-wg/draft-ietf-ccamp-optical-impairment-topology-yang/commit/2275630d65b946596d511e9592dfa2fc81c0f9eb
  Author: Dieter Beller <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-03-08 (Sun, 08 Mar 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M I-D_in_xml/draft-ietf-ccamp-optical-impairment-topology-yang.xml

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Revert "Update draft-ietf-ccamp-optical-impairment-topology-yang.xml"

This reverts commit 155bf890dbf092883b3d106629162fef94c2bf8f.

  Commit: e5a8386c4fd10887ca91b67e51a141653bd73e0c
      https://github.com/ietf-ccamp-wg/draft-ietf-ccamp-optical-impairment-topology-yang/commit/e5a8386c4fd10887ca91b67e51a141653bd73e0c
  Author: Dieter Beller <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2020-03-08 (Sun, 08 Mar 2020)

  Changed paths:
    M I-D_in_xml/draft-ietf-ccamp-optical-impairment-topology-yang.xml

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Update draft-ietf-ccamp-optical-impairment-topology-yang.xml

3rd iteration for I-D revision -03:
New section 2.8.4.  Optical Impairments Imposed by ROADM nodes added

Compare: https://github.com/ietf-ccamp-wg/draft-ietf-ccamp-optical-impairment-topology-yang/compare/0df14f295449...e5a8386c4fd1

---

From: Dieter Beller <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2020 18:09:35 +0100

Hi all,

please find below the new section 2.8.4 for revision 03 of CCAMP WG 
document draft-ietf-ccamp-optical-impairment-topology-yang 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-optical-impairment-topology-yang/>.
This section intends to summarize the outcome of our weekly calls.

Please review this section carefully an send me your comments asap - the 
submission deadline is tomorrow.

GitHub: 
https://github.com/ietf-ccamp-wg/draft-ietf-ccamp-optical-impairment-topology-yang

Thanks,
Dieter

------------------------------------------------------------------------
2.8.4.  Optical Impairments Imposed by ROADM Nodes

    When an optical OTSi signal traverses a ROADM node, optical
    impairments are imposed on the signal by various passive or active
    optical components inside the ROADM node.  Examples of optical
    impairments are:

    o  Chromatic dispersion (CD)
    o  Polarization mode dispersion (PMD)
    o  Polarization dependent loss (PDL)

Lee, et al.            Expires September 10, 2020 [Page 15]

Internet-Draft    Opt. Impairment-Aware Topo YANG Model March 2020

    o  Optical amplifier noise due to amplified spontaneous emmission
       (ASE)
    o  In-band cross-talk
    o  Filtering effects (for further study)

    A ROADM node contains a wavelength selective photonic switching
    function that is capable of switching media channels (MCs) described
    in Section 2.3.4.  These MCs can be established between two line
    ports of the ROADM or between a line port and an Add/Drop port of the
    ROADM.  The Add/Drp ports of a ROADM are those ports to which optical
    transopners are connected.  Typically, this is a single channel
    signal (single OTSi), but principally this could also be a group of
    OTSi signals.  The optical impairments associated with these MCs are
    different and the paths of the MCs inside the ROADM node can be
    categorized as follows:

    o  Express path: MC path betwen two line ports of the ROADM

    o  Add Path: MC path from an Add port to a line port of the ROADM
       (transmit direction)

    o  Drop path: MC path from a line port to a Drop port of the ROADM
       (receive direction)

    Due to the symmetrical architecture of ROADM nodes, the optical
    impairments associated with the express path are typicall the same in
    both directions whereas the optical impairments for the add and drop
    path are different and therefore have to be modelled separately.

    The optical impairments associated with each of the three ROAM-
    internal paths described above are modelled as optical impairment
    parameter sets.  These parameter sets are modeled as an augmentation
    of the te-node-attributes defined in [I-D.ietf-teas-yang-te-topo].
    The te-node-attributes are augmented with a list of roadm-path-
    impairments for the three ROADM paths distinguished by the
    impairment-type.  Each roadm-path-impairments list entry contains the
    set of optical impairment parameters for one of the three paths
    indicated by the impairment-type.  For the optical feasibiliy
    calculation based on the optical impairments, it is necessary to know
    whether the optical power of the OTSi stays within a certain power
    window.  This is reflected by some optical power related paramters
    such as loss parameters or power parameters, which are included in
    the optical impairment parameter sets (see tree view in Section 3).

    [I-D.ietf-teas-yang-te-topo] defines a connectivity matrix and a
    local link connectivity list for the TE node.  The connectivity
    matrix describes the connectivity for the express paths between the
    different lines of the ROADM and the local link connectivity list

Lee, et al.            Expires September 10, 2020 [Page 16]

Internet-Draft    Opt. Impairment-Aware Topo YANG Model March 2020

    describes the connectivity for the Add and Drop paths of the ROADM.
    These matrices are augmented with and new roadm-path-impairment
    matrix element, an add-path-impairment, and drop-path-impairment
    matrix element, respectively, which are defined as a pointer to the
    corresponding entry in the roadm-path-impairments list (leaf-ref).

    [Editor's note: this section is still work in progress]
------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[CCAMP] 
[ietf-ccamp-wg/draft-ietf-ccamp-optical-impairment-topology-yang] 
155bf8: Update draft-ietf-ccamp-optical-impairment-topolog...
Date: 	Sun, 08 Mar 2020 09:04:00 -0700
From: 	Dieter Beller <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked]

Home: 
https://github.com/ietf-ccamp-wg/draft-ietf-ccamp-optical-impairment-topology-yang

Changed paths:

Log Message:
-----------

Changed paths:

Log Message:
-----------

Changed paths:

Log Message:
-----------

Compare: 
https://github.com/ietf-ccamp-wg/draft-ietf-ccamp-optical-impairment-topology-yang/compare/0df14f295449...e5a8386c4fd1

_______________________________________________
CCAMP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ccamp