Subject: [CDNi] How to do troubleshooting when CDNs are interconnected?

From: Songhaibin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 12:39:17 +0000

Hi Folks,

I would like to put up some questions for discussion in this list.

I can image that troubleshooting will become difficult. If the delay is non-tolerable, or there are jitters from the user's experience, is it easy to find where is the problem?

BR,
Haibin

---

From: "Lee, Yiu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 14:26:48 +0000

Hi Haibin,

Jitters and latency can be caused by network or CDN equipment. There is
not a silver bullet to pinpoint where the exact problem is. The client
could report the e2e network performance back to the A-CDN using an OOB
channel, however, this won't have hop-by-hop information. Perhaps we could
develop some http-like traceroute tool to get hop-by-hop information, we
can discuss this after CDN becomes a WG.

/Yiu

On 3/14/11 8:39 AM, "Songhaibin" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>I can image that troubleshooting will become difficult. If the delay is
>non-tolerable, or there are jitters from the user's experience, is it
>easy to find where is the problem?
>
>BR,
>Haibin
>_______________________________________________
>CDNi mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cdni