Subject: [CDNi] Updates to the CDNI Requirements draft

From: "Kent Leung (kleung)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 11:55:13 -0700

Hi folks.  Based on the last working group session, mailing list
discussions, and some offline discussions, we plan to make the following
changes:

1.       Multiple authors to two editors.

2.       Change "Protocol" to "Interface".

3.       Remove "Within/Beyond CDN Initial Scope" titles.

4.       Use "High Priority", "Medium Priority", and "Low Priority" to
designate the priority of the requirements (instead of "Must", "Should",
"May").

5.       Remove duplicate requirements.

6.       Description should cover inter-dependancies of requirements
(e.g. loop prevention if cascaded CDNs supported).

7.       Requirements numbering based on sections (e.g. Control, Request
Routing, etc.)

8.       Add requirement for no impact to CSP.

9.       Remove "Recursive/Iterative" request routing definitions
(Framework draft is referred for terminologies).

10.   Unresolved requirements are marked as "OPEN ISSUE" for working
group to handle.

11.   Add HTTP ABR requirements, implications to CDNI interfaces.

12.   Add requirements on the CDNI Metadata interface covering the
ability to a) exchange a set of well-accepted metadata elements with
specified semantics (eg start of time window, end of time window,...),
AND b) allow exchange of opaque metadata element, whose semantic is not
defined in CDNI but left up to private CDN agreement.

13.   Add example of content purge (i.e. expiration) to CDNI Metadata
interface requirement for availability window of content (i.e.
activation and deactivation).

We plan to publish with changes after the chairs re-confirm acceptance
of requirements draft by WG.  Let us know if we missed anything.
Thanks.

Kent