Subject: [CDNi] Document Action: 'Framework for CDN Interconnection' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-cdni-framework-14.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 06:13:15 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Framework for CDN Interconnection'
  (draft-ietf-cdni-framework-14.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Content Delivery Networks
Interconnection Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Spencer Dawkins and Martin Stiemerling.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cdni-framework/

Technical Summary

   This document presents a framework for Content Distribution Network
   Interconnection (CDNI).  The purpose of the framework is to provide
   an overall picture of the problem space of CDNI and to describe the
   relationships among the various components necessary to interconnect
   CDNs.  CDN Interconnection requires the specification of interfaces
   and mechanisms to address issues such as request routing,
   distribution metadata exchange, and logging information exchange
   across CDNs.  The intent of this document is to outline what each
   interface needs to accomplish, and to describe how these interfaces
   and mechanisms fit together, while leaving their detailed
   specification to other documents.  It obsoletes RFC 3466.

Working Group Summary

   No unusual controversy. There was solid consensus on early requests 
   for input on whether or not the document was ready for last call.  Later 
   requests for input after reviews and iterations of the document took 
   place resulted is feedback from a fewer number of WG participants.  
   The shepherd feels this was the result of previous consensus and input 
   and relative approval of the minor incremental changes.

Document Quality

   The protocol has been implemented by a couple of vendors 
   as a prototype, including Cisco and Alcatel-Lucent (Velocix).  
   It is in early stages of development.

   No special reviewers needed. 

Personnel

   Daryl Malas (WG Co-chair) is the Document Shepherd.
   Spencer Dawkins is the Responsible Area Director.