Subject: [CDNi] Last Call: <draft-ietf-cdni-redirection-17.txt> (Request Routing Redirection interface for CDN Interconnection) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2016 10:06:34 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Content Delivery Networks
Interconnection WG (cdni) to consider the following document:
- 'Request Routing Redirection interface for CDN Interconnection'
  <draft-ietf-cdni-redirection-17.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-03-16. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Request Routing Interface comprises of (1) the asynchronous
   advertisement of footprint and capabilities by a downstream Content
   Delivery Network (CDN) that allows an upstream CDN to decide whether
   to redirect particular user requests to that downstream CDN; and (2)
   the synchronous operation of an upstream CDN requesting whether a
   downstream CDN is prepared to accept a user request and of a
   downstream CDN responding with how to actually redirect the user
   request.  This document describes an interface for the latter part,
   i.e., the CDNI Request Routing Redirection interface.

This Standards Track document has a normative reference to the
Informational RFC 6707, "Content Distribution Network Interconnection
(CDNI) Problem Statement", which is used to define terminology.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cdni-redirection/

When IESG discussion begins, it can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cdni-redirection/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2657/