Subject: [Cellar] MKVToolNix v24.0.0 released

From: Moritz Bunkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2018 12:06:48 +0200

Hey.

time for MKVToolNix v24.0.0, a release that's on the smaller side
regarding the number of changes: nothing major, a number of smaller
bugs squashed, and a couple of enhancements.

AV1 support hasn't changed as the bitstream format still hasn't been
finalized.

To my users on Debian and Ubuntu: just a friendly reminder that the
layout of my APT repositories was changed in April. If you haven't
done so, you'll have to update your `sources.list` entry
accordingly. Read more about that in this blog post:

https://www.bunkus.org/blog/2018/04/debian-ubuntu-apt-repository-changes/

Here are the usual links:

…to the source code: https://mkvtoolnix.download/source.html
…to the binaries: https://mkvtoolnix.download/downloads.html

The Windows and macOS binaries are available already. The Linux
binaries are still being built and will be available of the course of
the next couple of hours.

Here are the NEWS since the previous release:

------------------------------------------------------------
# Version 24.0.0 "Beyond The Pale" 2018-06-10

## New features and enhancements

* mkvmerge: MP4 reader: improved the detection of edit lists consisting of two
  identical entries, each spanning the file's duration as given in the movie
  header atom. The second entry is ignored in such cases. See #2306.
* mkvmerge: JSON identification: the "display unit" video track property is
  now reported as `display_unit`. The JSON schema has been bumped to v11 for
  this change.
* mkvmerge, mkvextract: AVC/h.264: empty NALUs will now be removed.
* mkvextract: VobSub extraction: empty SPU packets will now be dropped during
  extraction as other tools such as MP4Box cannot handle them
  correctly. Implements #2293.

## Bug fixes

* mkvmerge: E-AC-3 parser: fixed determining the number of channels for
  streams that contain an AC-3 core with dependent E-AC-3 frames. Fixes #2283.
* mkvmerge: Matroska reader: fixed mkvmerge buffering the whole file if a
  video track is multiplexed that consists of only one or a few frames. Fixes
  #2304.
* mkvmerge: the "display unit" video track property will now be kept if it is
  set in the source file. Fixes #2317.
* MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: when scanning playlists, all playlists were
  offered for selection regardless of the value of the "minimum playlist
  duration" setting. Fixes #2299.
* MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: deriving track languages from file names: the
  regular sub-expressions for ISO 639-1 codes could match on empty strings,
  too, causing matches in wrong places and hence no language being recognized
  in certain situations. Fixes #2298.
* MKVToolNix GUI: header editor: fixed a crash when saving the file fails
  (e.g. because it isn't writable). Fixes #2319.
* MKVToolNix GUI: header editor: the editor was wrongfully claiming that
  mandatory elements with default values cannot be removed in the "status"
  text. Fixes #2320.
* MKVToolNix GUI: preferences: on macOS & Linux the setting "enable copying
  tracks by their type" wasn't restored on program start. Fixes #2297.

## Other changes

* Niels Lohmann's JSON library: the bundled version has been updated from
  v1.1.0 (git revision 54d3cab) to v3.1.1 (git revision g183390c1).
* pugixml library: the bundled version has been updated from v1.8 to v1.9 (git
  revision e584ea3).
------------------------------------------------------------

Have fun :)

mosu